Remembering the - Dambusters_00.jpg (0/1)

Old May 20th 08, 11:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike the Brewer[_4_]

Default Remembering the - Dambusters_00.jpg (0/1)

"RustYŠ" wrote in message
53...

Friday was the 65th anniversary of the Dambusters raid and a small service
was held at Derwent reservoir near Sheffield. These are from the fly past
by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and a couple of present bombers
from 617 Sqd.

Excellent pics..........thanks very much for posting these.
RAF Scampton is just up the road from me, and years ago as a
cinema projectionist I screened the famous film.......so have a real
affection for these.
Mike, Lincoln. UK.

Old May 20th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

"RustY Š" wrote in message
The last time this was done was 15 years
ago so we may have to wait a long time for another.

Excellent pictures - thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, it had never occurred to me that *65* might be a significant
number, but I've already booked 16 May 2018 in my diary. And 2013, just in
case.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

Old May 21st 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

"Dave Whiley" wrote in message
"RustY Š" wrote in message
The last time this was done was 15 years
ago so we may have to wait a long time for another.

Excellent pictures - thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, it had never occurred to me that *65* might be a
significant number, but I've already booked 16 May 2018 in my diary. And
2013, just in case.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

I know a lot of WWII vets and I'm glad they did this at an unusual
anniversary since most of them probably won't make it to 70 or 75. Let's
all go out and thank them for the freedoms they've preserved for us.
Rob

Old May 22nd 08, 02:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ŽiŠardo

Peter Twydell wrote:
In message , HEMI-Powered
writes
RustY Š added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

So, these pics are local to Great Britain, Rusty? I'm aware of this
raid primarily from the B & W movie and from the History Channel
episode about it. IIRC, it was some dam in the Ruhr River in
Germany that was actually bombed.

Searching in Google for 'Dambusters' will bring up lots of info
about this operation that put a new word into the language. This
site below gives the details of the raid.....
http://www.dambusters.org.uk/

I don't need some smart-ass to tell me about Google. I asked the OP who
posted these pics thinking he'd know about it. I already said I am
minimally familiar with it, but not the modern day reconstruction.

Video footage is also available............
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...316235,00.html
http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/vi...urceID=1316265
http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/Bom...s-date-7899838
85.html http://dambustersblog.com/

And don't forget.........
http://www.bbmf.co.uk/
http://www.raf.mod.uk/structure/617squadron.cfm

never heard of any of these, don't really care if I ever do, though. I
liked the movie, it's an interesting story, but one which over-
glorifies the true nature of the Brit's accomplishments in the war.

Never heard of what? The RAF? The BBMF? 617 Squadron?

As for 'the true nature of the Brit's accomplishments', what might that
be exactly?

How strange that there was no response to your request for further
information. Perhaps he drowned in his own bigotry and pomposity.

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old May 23rd 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell

In message , ŽiŠardo
writes
Peter Twydell wrote:
[...]

I'm not surprised. The 'hemi' in his name presumably refers to his wit.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!