Selling the plane

Old August 9th 05, 04:16 AM
Dan Luke

Default Selling the plane

Changed my mind about fixing up "Delta" with new paint & interior:

http://tinyurl.com/d92ec

I'll be in the market for something bigger and faster after I get her
sold.

--

Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 9th 05, 03:28 PM
Ben Hallert

Nice looking plane, hope you find the right buyer soon! Do you have a
model in mind to upgrade to? Eg, a Cessna 210 or something? I'm still
in single engine, tricycle four seater standard performance mode, and
I'm curious what an RG guy would upgrade to.

Regards,

Ben Hallert
PP-ASEL

Old August 9th 05, 03:50 PM
Newps

Good luck. I made a deal last night to sell my plane so now I can take
delivery of my Bonanza. I too have an ad on ASO. Never got one hit off
of them. If I sell another plane I will not be advertising with them
again. Put up an auction on ebay. It costs $40 and is some of the
cheapest advertising you can do. I had nearly 5000 different people
look at the plane in the two weeks my two auctions ran. The buyer ended
up finding my auction on ebay and then we made a deal after the auction
ended. I ran a simple 2-3 line ad in Trade A Plane. Got a few hits
there but not enough to call that money well spent. I placed an ad on
Barnstormers.com. Got quite a few hits from them. Best advice I got
was to make a webpage and then reference the webpage in your ads. I did
this but not until this past Sunday afternoon did it go up. As you can
see the hits ad right up.

http://www.risingsunretail.com/transfer.htm

Trade A Plae charges outrageous prices for picture ads. omebody told me
Controller.com was a good resource. I put an ad there yesterday but i
sold the plane too quick to figure out if that would work out very well.

Old August 9th 05, 03:56 PM
Peter R.

Newps wrote:

I made a deal last night to sell my plane so now I can take
delivery of my Bonanza

If you are unaware, might I suggest joining American Bonanza Society
(http://www.bonanza.org). The free-to-use technical/maintenance hot line
for members is well worth the membership fee.

--
Peter

Old August 9th 05, 04:08 PM
Dan Luke

"Newps" wrote:

Good luck. I made a deal last night to sell my plane so now I can take
delivery of my Bonanza. I too have an ad on ASO. Never got one hit off of
them.

Wow, that's disappointing. I always thought ASO was a good place to look for
airplanes; I found '87D there.

[...]

Thanks for the tips.

Old August 9th 05, 04:11 PM
Dan Luke

"Ben Hallert" wrote:

Nice looking plane, hope you find the right buyer soon! Do you have a
model in mind to upgrade to? Eg, a Cessna 210 or something?

Possibilities:
o Bonanza
o 210
o Turbo 182RG

I'm still
in single engine, tricycle four seater standard performance mode, and
I'm curious what an RG guy would upgrade to.

You need a good Cutlass RG!

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old August 9th 05, 04:34 PM
Newps

I signed up online more than three weeks ago. Haven't heard a word from
them since. So far I'm not impressed.

Old August 9th 05, 05:34 PM
Dan Luke

"Newps" wrote:

I signed up online more than three weeks ago. Haven't heard a word from
them since. So far I'm not impressed.

It took about that long for me to get the stuff from them. Their magazine is
as good as or better than CPA's, IMO.

Old August 9th 05, 09:34 PM
Montblack

("Newps" wrote)
[snip]
http://www.risingsunretail.com/transfer.htm

Trade A Plae charges outrageous prices for picture ads. omebody told me
Controller.com was a good resource. I put an ad there yesterday but i
sold the plane too quick to figure out if that would work out very well.

Did you look into:

http://www.aircraftowner.com/aircraftowner/index.po
AO (AircraftOwner) - you should be getting a copy since you own a plane.

I like the effort with their publication , but a different name would have
made searching for them on Google 1,000% easier - and in this day and age
....it's all about Google.

Montblack

Old August 10th 05, 04:49 AM
Newps

Montblack wrote:
("Newps" wrote)
[snip]

http://www.risingsunretail.com/transfer.htm

Trade A Plae charges outrageous prices for picture ads. omebody told
me Controller.com was a good resource. I put an ad there yesterday
but i sold the plane too quick to figure out if that would work out
very well.

Did you look into:

http://www.aircraftowner.com/aircraftowner/index.po
AO (AircraftOwner) - you should be getting a copy since you own a plane.

I like the effort with their publication , but a different name would
have made searching for them on Google 1,000% easier - and in this day
and age ...it's all about Google.

I looked into the rates when I got my copy last week, pretty expensive.