Newbie RV Builder

Old March 31st 09, 01:53 PM
smittysrv smittysrv is offline
Junior Member

Default Newbie RV Builder

Hi!

Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an RV-9A.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	run.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	33558
Old March 31st 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

smittysrv wrote:
Hi!

Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an
RV-9A.

|Filename: run.jpg |
|Download: http://www.aviationbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33558|

This is not where you need to be.

Try here...

http://forums.matronics.com/viewforum.php?f=44
Old March 31st 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim[_7_]

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
smittysrv wrote:
Hi!

Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an
RV-9A.

|Filename: run.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.aviationbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33558|

This is not where you need to be.

Try here...

http://forums.matronics.com/viewforum.php?f=44

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.

Old March 31st 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

smittysrv wrote:
Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an
RV-9A.

I only got as far as purchasing the preview plans for the RV9/9A. By all
accounts it is an excellent aircraft. But as far as communicating with
other RV builders, the most popular forum for RV builders is a web site run
by Doug Reeves:

http://www.vansairforce.net/

The forum pages may be accessed by subject:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php

or by posting time:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...hp?do=getdaily

Just be aware that when you create an account on that web site, that the
owner is unable to remove your account due to shortcomings in the software
he chose to use. (When I decided that I wanted to close my account there
the only choice was to ask the owner to ban my account!)
Old March 31st 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

smittysrv wrote:
Hi!

Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an
RV-9A.

|Filename: run.jpg |
|Download: http://www.aviationbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33558|

I'll bet you can find one or two...

Old April 1st 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.

Don't get all defensive. He was just saying that a higher concentration of RV
folks are not here, but there.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 1st 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim[_7_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.

Don't get all defensive. He was just saying that a higher concentration
of RV folks are not here, but there.
--
Jim in NC

No, he said this is not where he needed to be.

Old April 1st 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charlie[_2_]

smittysrv wrote:
Hi!

Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an
RV-9A.

Flying a -4, at the finish kit stage on a -7.

There are probably hundreds of RV'rs that at least lurk here.

If you're looking for targeted construction advice, others'
recommendations of Matronics & VAF are 'on target'.

Charlie
Old April 1st 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Tim wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.

Don't get all defensive. He was just saying that a higher concentration
of RV folks are not here, but there.
--
Jim in NC

No, he said this is not where he needed to be.

And considering what has happened to this and the other USENET forums
that is pretty much what I meant.
Old April 1st 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim[_7_]

Tim wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.
Don't get all defensive. He was just saying that a higher concentration
of RV folks are not here, but there.
--
Jim in NC

No, he said this is not where he needed to be.

And considering what has happened to this and the other USENET forums that
is pretty much what I meant.

So your job is to direct traffic to the groups you find more tasteful?

RV-9 vs Jabiru for Aussie builder (newbie) Jonny[_2_] Home Built 7 May 28th 07 06:25 AM
Skybolt Builder John Burnett Home Built 1 May 31st 06 02:16 PM
panel builder Neal Fulco Home Built 6 September 13th 04 04:25 PM
Repeat builder/owners? keepitrunning Home Built 0 June 5th 04 03:37 AM
Air Compressor for RV Builder John Bundy Home Built 5 March 27th 04 02:47 PM