Update on the September issue

Old August 18th 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Update on the September issue

HI Gliding Enthusiast
Our September issue will be mailed next week. New subscriptions/renewals are through www.glidinginternational.com

First Aircraft Skinned with Graphene
This is a dramatic ‘new' for aviation. We have told you all previously that it was coming. We thought it might have been two or more years away, but no it’s here – right now! The all new material that out performs in every way all previous skins for gliders and powered aircraft. There is a photo of this first ever new skinning.

The ‘B’ Version Of The ASK 21
After 950 made (over 39 years), Schleicher has re-modelled their famous trainer and it is a credit to them. Expanse of photos with the report

Schleicher’s All New Single - The AS-33
And not to be outdone by the opposition, Schleicher has announced a new single seat – the successor to the ASG29 - the AS-33. Prices already listed (and covered in the report).

Soaring Needs An Identity
We are not the only ones to criticised the IGC, the Bureau and its chairman.. An unsolicited report from Australia’s Official Gliding promoter.

Accidents - What happens After This?
A look at what can happen to you after an accident involving you and your glider. A review of the world’s national safety authorities and how they handle such scenarios.

Wings – All Solar Cells
The first aircraft to have its wings totally covered in solar cells.

Graphene - The Strongest Ever Tested
Graphene production is being materially increased, likewise its planned future use. What an incredible future it is to have in the aviation industry - gliding included.

Cheaper Soaring Alternatives
We have a look at how you can go soaring for less than 25% of what it is costing you now.

The REAL Soaring Pilot
A satire on “God’s Gift to Womenhood” in the form of a smart-Alec soaring pilot

How Much Does A Cloud Weigh?
Think of all that water up there! The collective weight in a cloud will astound you.

A Review On Pair Flying
The Pros and Cons of Pair Flying - Is it for you? – A chance to judge!

Unbelievable Thermal Source
Bet you never thought that thermals exist outside of your sphere

Buy Your Own Three-D Printer
You can now buy a 3-D printer for as low as $US300. You’ll be surprised at who is now (or about to) get involved in parts supply at half the normal prices.

Gliding International Book Room
Books, Books and more Books on soaring. A complete listing of what has been written in recent times and their availability from our store.

Guest Editorial - Aldo Cernezzi
Aldo is the editor of the Official Italian Gliding magazine. He expresses concerns about the dangers that are adding up with the increasing speeds attained in competitions.

Our World - Centre Spread
Remember the recent Lunar Eclipse and the red moon. Our European photographer got a photo of both his glider and the red moon. Unbelievable!

Gliding’s Work Horse
We did a survey of the world’s tow aircraft and have come up with a definitive result of the most popular. Then we went to work and wrote a history of its development.

Not A Day Passes – Electric Future
This title speaks for itself. There is now a claim out that one company is working on a potential electric tow aircraft that will fly for four hours on a charge. It is a great time to be involved in gliding. The developments at present are about as exciting a scene as we have seen in the past 30/40 years.

This Could Happen To You
We have a good look at the Business Jet that collided (at 16,000 feet) with an ASW-27 in North America. Six people involved in two aircraft (and all lived).

Tug Noise Complaints
NASA has been working on reducing aircraft noise. If you have a problem with your neighhbours, you might find an answer in this report. Good reading!

Revitalising The Sport
Written for our U.S. subscribers, we write about two aviation minded senators who have proposed legislation that has been sent to a senate committee for discussion – the FAA will create a $5 million grant program each year to support the education of future pilots, as well as the development of the aircraft pilot workforce for fiscal years 2019 through 2023. This could mean as much as $500,000 per grant in any one of those years to an airline, academic institution or flight training school, a state or local government agency or an organisation representing aircraft users, owners or pilots. Gliding Clubs, get associated with the senators and offer support!

Women Pilots Make Me Nervous
The women instructor has a thing about snakes and beatles – all a worry!

Tow -10,000 feet In 10 Minutes
The South American expedition flying out of Argentina have just had the first ever tow by an ‘Egrett’ a German single engine turbo aircraft. The modifications for towing were designed, fabricated and tested by the Perlan Project team. Continuing their expedition in Argentina, a much more powerful tow plane has been the dream of the whole team - one hour on tow to 10,000 feet has previously been typical.

Glider destructed By Suspicion
Mr. Husheer (the German emigrant) lived on the New Zealand farm with his wife and four sons. When war was declared, (1914) none of the family were interned, but later events made it clear that the family did not enjoy the confidence of all the community. About 1915, Torvaid Husheer, the third son, whose interest in aviation had been quickened by the ballooning and airship activities he had seen while still a child in Hamburg, found plans for a simple type of flying machine called a ‘hang-glider’. It was a biplane with a wing span of 18 feet and a 16 feet fuselage. All in all it was little more than a modified box kite. What happen during this war (way down in New Zealand) is intriguing!

The 1938 All Glass Glider – The First
We found he first fibre-glass sailplane ever manufactured. It is on display in Europe and when you look at it. it is hard to concede that it was actually built in 1938.

World Aviation News For Glider Pilots and Things With Wings
Additionally a further 61 stories especially for Glider pilots from all corners of the globe, including a breakdown of the world championships results flown in July and August.
ESTABLISH YOUR SUB THROUGH www.glidinginternational.com