What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

Old August 22nd 18, 08:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

JS, for real landing flaps you will need to wait for the AS33.
Tom
Old August 22nd 18, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 5:43:13 PM UTC-7, Brett wrote:
No, I am not. Okay, perhaps I am on the high side by $20,000. If you
have never ordered a new glider, budget twenty percent more than you
price it out. In September of 2015 a new well equipped ASG-29Es
delivered to Houston was $194K. A worse exchange rate, a yearly
increase in price, shipping costs will be higher, new model base price
increase...several years wait with more yearly price increase.
EVERYTHING is an option that costs. If you are ordering a new 15/18
German or South African glider with a turbo for delivery in three years,
it could get really uncomfortable if you do not have the better part of
a quarter million dollars budgeted. I have ordered several new gliders
and have always been unpleasantly surprised at how much more they cost
than I had priced and how much longer they took to arrive than promised.

Well with respect Jonathon I have a pretty good idea of the costs, being
that I have owned two new JS1's, and currently own a JS3.
Oh, and I am also a Jonkers agent with current price lists.

Regards, Brett

--
Brett

Brett, nice to make your acquaintance. You represent a very fine product. Glad to hear that the gliders made in South Africa are less expensive than the German made gliders, as they should be since the labor rates are less than half of that paid in Germany! However, when I priced your fine products the price was comparable to the German products. Sounds like you are offering to clear this up. How much would you advise a client to budget for a JS 3 ordered today equipped with: retractable tail wheel; sustainer jet; leather interior; LX9070 w/V80;LX S3; Air-Avionics Butterfly, Trig radio; Trig transponder ADS-B out; PowerFlarm; winter airspeed; winter altimeter; Cobra trailer with SL; tow out gear; tail dolly; covers; one man rig; shipped to Houston?
Old August 22nd 18, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On W Brett
Brett, nice to make your acquaintance. You represent a very fine product. Glad to hear that the gliders made in South Africa are less expensive than the German made gliders, as they should be since the labor rates are less than half of that paid in Germany! However, when I priced your fine products the price was comparable to the German products. Sounds like you are offering to clear this up. How much would you advise a client to budget for a JS 3 ordered today equipped with: retractable tail wheel; sustainer jet; leather interior; LX9070 w/V80;LX S3; Air-Avionics Butterfly, Trig radio; Trig transponder ADS-B out; PowerFlarm; winter airspeed; winter altimeter; Cobra trailer with SL; tow out gear; tail dolly; covers; one man rig; shipped to Houston?

Jonathan,

I am not sure if you are asking rhetorically but at the convention I spoke with the JS representatives extensively (And with the SH People) and I was quoted 203K for a JS-3 with ALL the options shipped.
A word of caution to those who wish to trade currency; Many major brokerage firms will require a certain minimum on account before they will let you do this. Mine had a 600K minimum and it allowed access to 16 currencies. Trading currencies is involved and time consuming.

Kirk
Old August 22nd 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 10:51:51 AM UTC-7, K m wrote:
On W Brett
[...]

I know it isn't as simple to set up International money exchange as it used to be, but I've found XE Trade to be very useful, easy and good rates.
https://www.xe.com/xemoneytransfer/us/
Jim
Old August 22nd 18, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR

I know it isn't as simple to set up International money exchange as it used to be, but I've found XE Trade to be very useful, easy and good rates.
https://www.xe.com/xemoneytransfer/us/
Jim

Transferwise.com borderless account. easy peasy...

RR

Old August 23rd 18, 10:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Transferwise isn't a direct transfer. It is very convenient but not reliable enough to trust with large payments. I have twice had delays with payments that required investigation. Because it is so easy I still use it for amounts I could afford to lose but wouldn't dream of using it to pay for a glider.
Old August 24th 18, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR

Use it for busness on a regular basis. Admititly never in excess of 50k, but I have had much larger balances in a euro account. Not a guarantee, but has never been an issue for me.

RR
Old August 24th 18, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

LOL. Let me guess, 2G Toms from Queensland and here to help. We all know how well that works out.

IFR Magic video [email protected] Piloting 1 May 22nd 08 01:53 PM
IFR Magic [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 0 May 22nd 08 02:36 AM
MAGIC TRICKS Moci Arane Soaring 0 July 23rd 07 05:56 PM
MAGIC TRICKS [email protected] Piloting 4 July 18th 07 10:07 PM
25 is magic number tongaloa Home Built 13 February 18th 04 02:31 AM