Cambridge 302 Tones Described

Old September 22nd 11, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Default Cambridge 302 Tones Described

When I purchased the Cambridge 302 I was somewhat bewildered by the
different tones that the 302 can make during flight - other than lift/
sink that is. Once I flew with the 302 for a while the various tones
started to make sense. You can listen to lift, sink, speed to fly,
gear warnings, slow speed and SUA alarms.

However, the manual buries this information deep within the "Flying
with the Cambridge DDV" section in a less than clear way. So I wrote
a synopsis of the tones in a simple and hopefully clearer document.

Please let me know if I messed up or forgot something. Thanks, John

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/docume...tions_V0.1.pdf

Old September 22nd 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Sep 21, 4:40*pm, ContestID67 wrote:

Please let me know if I messed up or forgot something. *Thanks, John

Suggest you add an explanation of the power up gear warning test and
also an explanation of the fact that the slow speed warning depends on
both the pilot specified ballast load and on normal acceleration (g
load).

The low speed warning can get quite irritating if you dump to make a
save and are too busy to adjust the ballast entry. On the other hand
it does serve as a reminder to adjust the ballast entry which you
might otherwise forget if the save works and you get back into racing
mode.

Andy
Old September 22nd 11, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Information moved to http://aviation.derosaweb.net/cambridge.

Enjoy, John
Old September 22nd 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

On Sep 22, 10:03*am, Andy wrote:
On Sep 21, 4:40*pm, ContestID67 wrote:

Please let me know if I messed up or forgot something. *Thanks, John

Suggest you add an explanation of the power up gear warning test and
also an explanation of the fact that the slow speed warning depends on
both the pilot specified *ballast load and on normal acceleration (g
load).

The low speed warning can get quite irritating if you dump to make a
save and are too busy to adjust the ballast entry. *On the other hand
it does serve as a reminder to adjust the ballast entry which you
might otherwise forget if the save works and you get back into racing
mode.

Andy

Thanks for the comments. I have added this information. Take a look.

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/cambridge

Vario Ring-Tones Wayne Paul Soaring 9 May 8th 08 09:11 PM
Remember that brown pairs are best suited to tan, greens, beige,brown and other earth tones that are darker in color. Tan colored shoes matchwell with lighter tan, white, beige, blue and other earth tones that arelighter. Black shoes look good when m [email protected] Piloting 0 April 25th 08 09:31 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 2 January 12th 06 03:19 AM
Radar Warning Tones Eggroll135R Military Aviation 1 July 12th 04 02:29 AM
Cambridge 302/Cambridge 3UTIQ255 utility/ WinPilot/iPAQ 4155 Nathan Whelchel Soaring 4 July 5th 04 11:22 PM