Variometer Overview Videos

Old January 19th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Variometer Overview Videos

Hi,

I am always trying to think of new ways to help soaring pilots select the
right soaring instruments for their needs. A while ago I thought of the
idea of adding audio recordings to my web site of each variometer - so
customers could judge for themselves which one was the best match for their
tastes. But recently I have started to dabble in video editing on my PC and
it struck me ...why not put short video clips of all the soaring instruments
onto my web site. If is picture is worth a thousand words, then a video
with sound must be worth a million.

It will take time for me to get them all done, but the first one is ready to
go. It is a 6 minute overview of the Tasman V1000 variometer. It is not
great quality video and I did not take the time to create a script. The
idea is to keep it simple so I can find time to do many of them. You can
see it he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/tasman.htm

The goal was to show the basic features of the vario for those interested in
buying one. However, the video could be used to remind current owners how
to use all the features of the vario. If you have a Tasman in a club glider
you may want to put a link to the video into your club newsletter so club
members can brush-up on the features of the unit.

I hope you find it useful.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old January 19th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Clark, \B6\

On Jan 18, 9:55*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I am always trying to think of new ways to help soaring pilots select the
............. *If is picture is worth a thousand words, then a video
with sound must be worth a million.

Paul,

You've got a winner! Super great idea.
Could also be used to demo the different responses by uncompensated,
total energy, and NETTO systems. Effects of changes in temperature
and pressure on altimeter readings.

Old January 19th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_5_]

Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

Nice demo a Paul. If my wife found out she could record a gear warning,
it would be much less polite than your wife's (at least the one you
showed ;-) ).

Also, off the subject a bit, I like your idea of linking videos to club
newsletters. Anyone out there doing this regularly, maybe even
including video messages or instruction links on their newsletter? Just
curious.

Shawn
Old January 20th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Culbertson

On Jan 18, 10:55*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Well done, great idea, I look forward to future show and tell videos.
Thanks for staying ahead of the gang!
21
Old January 20th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kemp[_2_]

Paul,
Great, fast, to the point and quick turnaround to get up. If you want
to discuss higher end applications, let's meet up in ABQ. There are
lots of interesting applications of video to soaring.

Kemp

Old January 20th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

On Jan 19, 5:55*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

We have a Tasnan vario in one of our club gliders and I found that
video really useful. Sadly I don't think you are going to do one on
the LX4000 which is what is in my own ship!

However it might be a useful link for the club website.
Old January 20th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Kemp,

Yes, I'd love to meet at ABQ. See you in a few weeks.

Paul Remde