Pix of Ron & Margy's "New" Navion

Old April 27th 05, 01:56 AM
Dave

BEAUT!!!!!

On 26 Apr 2005 15:33:42 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

For you long-term posters and lurkers out there, you know what kind of
a several-year ordeal Ron & Margy Natalie have gone through with their
stem-to-stern renovation of their beautiful Ryan Navion.

Well, it's DONE, and a few pix are here to see:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#N

What a great looking plane you guys! And thanks for taking the time
and expense to save an important piece of our aviation heritage.

Old April 27th 05, 02:01 AM
Matt Barrow

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
That's got to be the best Navion rehab I've ever seen. Congrats to them

both
on a superb job. Imron?

JetGlo.

Actually the paint job is not what I'd hoped. The paint shop screwed up
the stripe design and there are LOTS of defects in the paint. Lookds
good at a distance though.

It's still gorgeous!

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 27th 05, 02:02 AM
Margy

Roy Smith wrote:
Margy wrote:

Right now it's at the radio shop awaiting the panel of Ron's dreams.

His and Her's matching CNX-80's?

MX 20 for me
GNS 480 for him
or is it the other way around, guess it depends on if you are right or
left seat at the time. :-)

Margy

Old April 27th 05, 02:48 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Margy" wrote in message

Right now it's at the radio shop awaiting the panel of Ron's dreams.

Careful Margy; they asked me what I wanted for avionics in the airplane once
and I told them. The estimate from Collins damn near cost more than the
airplane!!
Dudley

Old April 27th 05, 03:46 AM
Margy

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Margy" wrote in message

Right now it's at the radio shop awaiting the panel of Ron's dreams.

Careful Margy; they asked me what I wanted for avionics in the airplane once
and I told them. The estimate from Collins damn near cost more than the
airplane!!
Dudley

That's the problem with a two pilot family, NO checks and balances!! Oh
well, you can spend it or die and leave it to the kids. Sorry kids.

Margy
Old April 27th 05, 03:59 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Margy" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Margy" wrote in message

Right now it's at the radio shop awaiting the panel of Ron's dreams.

Careful Margy; they asked me what I wanted for avionics in the airplane
once and I told them. The estimate from Collins damn near cost more than
the airplane!!
Dudley

That's the problem with a two pilot family, NO checks and balances!! Oh
well, you can spend it or die and leave it to the kids. Sorry kids.

Margy

"Sorry kids" works for me!!

Bea and I had it all figured out. When I retired, the kids would come over
and mow the lawn. Well....we almost had it right. What happened is that the
kids come over and borrow the lawn mower. Then I have to go get it so I can
mow the lawn :-))

Yep!! You and Ron enjoy the airplane. The kids will do just fine on their
own. :-))))
Dudley

Old April 27th 05, 04:19 AM
Ron Natalie

Dudley Henriques wrote:

It looks great Ron. You and Margy should be proud. I like the windshield
mod, and I take it the hydraulics don't leave puddles on the ground under
the bird after the overhaul :-))

Actually, you can usually tell the Navion pilot by the red stains on his
right knee (from the master control valve in the panel).
Old April 27th 05, 04:34 AM
Dudley Henriques

Dudley Henriques wrote:

It looks great Ron. You and Margy should be proud. I like the windshield
mod, and I take it the hydraulics don't leave puddles on the ground under
the bird after the overhaul :-))

Actually, you can usually tell the Navion pilot by the red stains on his
right knee (from the master control valve in the panel).

I think I remember, although it's been a long time. :-)) You mean the master
hydraulic control right under the throttle that used to leak like a sieve
and make the right seat passengers ask, "Hey...is that thing there SAFE or
WHAT?? :-)))

Dudley

Old April 27th 05, 04:52 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Bea and I had it all figured out. When I retired, the kids would come over
and mow the lawn. Well....we almost had it right. What happened is that the
kids come over and borrow the lawn mower. Then I have to go get it so I can
mow the lawn :-))

I thought you just flew low in the Mustang to accomplish the same thing. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE