MARCH ISSUE IN THE MAIL TODAY

Old February 26th 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
johnhamish

Default MARCH ISSUE IN THE MAIL TODAY

The March issue of Gliding International is going into the post today.
Read about it below:

THE FEATURE STORIES IN THE MARCH 2011 ISSUE OF GLIDING INTERNATIONAL
(OUR BIGGEST ISSUE YET - 64 PAGES)

• Blaniks are still flying - We found a country where they continue
to fly regardless.

• World pilot membership statistics for 2010 show a drop of almost
2.2% - and fatalities continue to increase - Very undesirable trends
-

• Guess how many sailplanes are flying world-wide ? We have
done a factual count!

• WikiLeaks finds its way into the gliding scene

• ADS-B is coming sooner than you think – Will it replace Flarm? The
full story on how ADS-B works.

• Schempp-Hirth celebrate their 75th anniversary - Company history
intriguing!

• Is gliding’s future with youth? Is the big investment clubs are
making in youth paying dividends? Do the Japanese have the answer?

• The remarkable JS-1 and its South African success. Sales streaking
ahead!

• The remarkable scene at Bitterwasser (Namibia) and the unbelievable
number of 1000klm flights this season.

• Bruce Cooper – World recorder holder talks to Ritz de Luy.

• How two gliders scrambled an Airforce squadron over the Baltic Sea.

• Laser beams - Use for finding thermals a possibility - Research at
Princeton University

• I.G.C. Annual report from President, Robert Henderson.

• How to turn your cell phone into a final glide calculator

• NASA report – 2010 tied as the warmest year on record

• We tell you what you need to know to holiday and fly in the French
Alps.

• Inexpensive emergency ‘chutes available - Made in Poland.

• How to prevent throttle jockeys abusing your tug.

• A new Lithium battery that recharges using only air

• Best camera for that quick in-flight photo. Survey of what’s
available.

Plus an additional 40 other stories covering the world soaring scene
and aviation items of interest for glider pilots. You will enjoy
reading this section.

New OR RENEWING subscribers can enroll via our secure web site:
(www.glidinginternational.com)