CPA 2005 Fly-In Announced

Old November 13th 04, 03:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Default CPA 2005 Fly-In Announced

The Cherokee Pilots Association is once again putting together (what I think
is) the year's best fly-in! Here is the announcement:

Cherokee Flyin & Convention 2005 Announcement
Cherokee Flyin 2005
Tan-Tar-A Resort
Osage Beach Mo.
August 19-21, 2005
I am pleased to announce that the Cherokee Flyin
and Convention 2005 will be held at the Tan-Tar-A
resort in Osage Beach Mo. August 19 through 21, 2005.

A new committee has been assembled for the event.
Your Flyin Committee for 2005 is as follows:

Dale Herseth: Awards and Judging
Bruce Lincoln: Registration
Chuck Sarsfield: Resort and Airport Coordinator
Dennis Boykin: Publicity and Special Events Coordinator
Jim Escudier: Barbeque and Airport Events Coordinator
Ken Mason: Vendors and Business Coordinator

This is a dream team consisting of a group of
individuals who have experience in planning and
coordinating events such as ours. I am pleased to be associated with
this group and look forward to
working with for the 2005 Cherokee Flyin & Convention

More news will be forthcoming. Please make room in
your calendars for next years event. We promise a
really good show!

Ken Mason and the Cherokee Flyin 2005 Committee

Jay here again. These guys do it RIGHT. Everyone with a Cherokee should
pencil this one in for 2005. We've attended the last two, and they were
both the highlights of the summer.

Blue skies!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 13th 04, 04:00 PM
Peter MacPherson

"Cherokee Pilots Association"....I was already to bring my
accountant to the fly-in with me..... ; - )

Old November 14th 04, 03:47 AM
Jay Honeck

"Cherokee Pilots Association"....I was already to bring my
accountant to the fly-in with me..... ; - )

Now THERE would be a rip-roaring, fun time, eh?

Not!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 04, 10:20 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
The Cherokee Pilots Association is once again putting together (what I think
is) the year's best fly-in! Here is the announcement:
Cherokee Flyin & Convention 2005 Announcement
Cherokee Flyin 2005
Tan-Tar-A Resort
Osage Beach Mo.
August 19-21, 2005

They really need to split this into two flyins... an easterly location and
a westerly location. It seems like a long way to fly for a weekend trip
if you're located on one of the coastlines.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old November 15th 04, 04:31 AM
Jay Honeck

They really need to split this into two flyins... an easterly location and
a westerly location. It seems like a long way to fly for a weekend trip
if you're located on one of the coastlines.

I hear you, but there's really only about 4000 CPA members. We've had over
100 aircraft at each of the last two annual events, and the organizers --
all volunteers -- put an immense amount of work into the fly-in.

I really think they're afraid of splitting it into two events, and ending up
with only 50 planes at each one?

Either way, the central location works for the majority of the members --
and it works GREAT for Mary and me!

It's worth the flight. It's a great bunch.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA