Haiku of Aviation

Old April 12th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Haiku of Aviation

A little fun. I have been describing soaring to power pilots as the
Haiku of aviation, seemingly simple, but actually perhaps the most
multi-faceted. Got me thinking, why not give it a try? Anyone else
care to try?

haiku |ˈhīˌkoō; ˌhīˈkoō|
noun ( pl. same or -kus )
a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven,
and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.
• an English imitation of this:

Soaring in the spring.
Such elegance and beauty.
Haiku of the sky.

19LK
Old April 12th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:56:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

A little fun. I have been describing soaring to power pilots as the
Haiku of aviation, seemingly simple, but actually perhaps the most
multi-faceted. Got me thinking, why not give it a try? Anyone else
care to try?

haiku |?h??ko?; ?h??ko?|
noun ( pl. same or -kus )
a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven,
and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.
an English imitation of this:

Soaring in the spring.
Such elegance and beauty.
Haiku of the sky.

19LK

Didn't Doris Grove publish some haiku a while back?

rj
Old April 12th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Not quite gramatical, but who cares ?

Blue sky, white glider
In completest harmony
Slipping silently

Cheers, Charles
Old April 12th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I feel three good bumps.
release at 12, land downwind.
forty bucks wasted.

Old April 12th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dixie Sierra

On Apr 12, 5:18*pm, " wrote:

I have two, they're easy

tow behind a friend
cost of fuel is no concern
clouds lead me onward

and my spring so far...

above release height
dash downwind without thinking
another landout

(not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Old April 13th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Field[_3_]

On Apr 12, 4:16 pm, Dixie Sierra wrote:
On Apr 12, 5:18 pm, " wrote:

I have two, they're easy

tow behind a friend
cost of fuel is no concern
clouds lead me onward

and my spring so far...

above release height
dash downwind without thinking
another landout

(not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Well-formed Cumulus
Strong streeting and high bases
Shame I'm stuck at work

World goes grey and white
Senses confused- where is down?
I'm inside a cloud

Last thermal dying
Glide path five hundred above---
Is that a buzzard?

Wood overtakes glass
In an upwards thermal race
But loses the glide
Old April 13th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

six hundred mile drive.
stand around in rain. no contest.
all vacation blown.
Old April 13th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I need to study.
But since I gave Cliff a tow,
only think soaring.

Old April 13th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

On Apr 12, 9:43*pm, " wrote:
I need to study.
But since I gave Cliff a tow,