FRED ROBINSON

Old November 9th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FRED ROBINSON

Hello all, after the several inquiries posted this past few days
regarding Fred, I had been waiting for someone else to come up with
the grim news. It did not happen, so here it is. I was told yesterday
morning that Fred had died by his own hand. I know nothing else.
There is no towing right now at GWSS. I will post additional
information here if and when I get it and know it to be accurate.

No cheers, Charles
Old November 9th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My Star Lit Sky
Recently, I was standing outside my abode at the foot of the mountains
that shield me from the artificial light of the Los Angeles Basin.
I was looking at the heavens with my uncorrected vision, spending
moments of my life in awe of the sight.
I see a part of the universe...and I see beauty and an unaltered
future. The universe will continue...beyond any human attempt to alter
it. In human life terms, there will always be the Milky Way, the
constellations, the sun and the moon.
The night sky refreshes my soul, for it is a fixed element than cannot
be altered. No weapon of destruction, no evil plot, no religion, no
government, no cult or conspiracy will ever change the night sky.
So, in these times of evil gangs and terrorists and the resulting
warfare, I look to the night sky to enjoy the stars and the moon and
feel the peace they bring...for they are real.
As I stand looking at the star lit sky, I pass many moments of my life
knowing that eternal things exist...no matter the fools that attempt
to control all of life.
So, my friends, you are almost countless...and you demonstrate and
reveal your friendship in so many ways...Your friendship endures even
as I fail at times.
When you look at the star lit sky, know that I will always share the
communion of your friendship.
With love for you all, Fred Robinson
Old November 9th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The GWSS website has been updated with this sad news, I expect it will
be best best source for updates as to GWSS

aerodyne
Old November 9th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

http://www.greatwesternsoaring.com/index.htm

Old December 28th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Lewis

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

Thank you for posting this. I have read it many times and each time I
do it renews my memories of Fred. I had the privilege of flying with
Fred nearly every week for many years. He had so much to teach. I
managed to learn only a little of it, but what I did learn from Fred
stays with me. He was, of course, a remarkable pilot but he was also
the finest teacher, of any subject, I have known. A terrible loss.
Old December 31st 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_2_]

I was very sorry to read about Fred. I only met him once 5 or 6 years ago.
Just happened to be passing Llano on the way back to Santa Barbara from
Big Bear, and called in as one does when within 50 miles of a gliding
site. He made me very welcome, and we had a short flight in the Grob, it
wasn't soarable. I've always remembered him.
Dave Salmon, Camphill, UK