SO. CAL FLYING

Old January 12th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SO. CAL FLYING

Yesterday were my first flights in several weeks, after the gliderport
at Crysatal was shut down following the grim events of November 2008.
I must say that it was really a "high" in several ways to be up in the
glider again. After an uneventful solo test flight with a 2000' tow
to make sure that I was not so rusty, I flew to the San Gabriel
Mountains with a passenger. We encountered what Fred Robinson used to
call the "bow wave" with a North wind, and climbed at 400 ft / minute
over snow-covered Mt. Lewis. The pleasure to be at the controls again
was enormous. I for one is very happy that the gliderport is
operational again. Now for "real" thermal weather to begin.

Cheers, Charles

Old January 13th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The web site for So Cal Soaring Academy is not operational yet. The
phone number is 661 944 1090.

Charles
Old January 13th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Free Flight 107

On Jan 12, 10:25*am, wrote:
Yesterday were my first flights in several weeks, after the gliderport
at Crysatal was shut down following the grim events of November 2008.

What were these "Grim Events" at Crystalaire in Nov? I haven't heard
anything and a search of this group has no entries on Crystalaire in
Nov 2008.

Thanks,

Wayne

Old January 14th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Free Flight 107 wrote:
On Jan 12, 10:25 am, wrote:
Yesterday were my first flights in several weeks, after the gliderport
at Crysatal was shut down following the grim events of November 2008.

What were these "Grim Events" at Crystalaire in Nov? I haven't heard
anything and a search of this group has no entries on Crystalaire in
Nov 2008.

Thanks,

Wayne- Hide quoted text -

Old January 14th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 13, 1:34*am, wrote:
The web site for So Cal Soaring Academy is not operational yet. *The
phone number is 661 944 1090.

Charles

I'm planning a trip from the east coast in early Apr and have tried
the above number at various times and days and never get an answer.
Does the new school have an email address?

John
Old January 15th 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

There are some additional contact details in my recent newsletter he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/newsl...n_Californi a

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.