Download

Old June 23rd 04, 02:41 PM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:32:59 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:52:56 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:31:37 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

No, I'm just curious why you posted a response which appeared to have
nothing to do with my original post. I don't particularly care one

way
or
the other; I'm just curious.

Because it was on topic. Care to offer, why it was off topic?

It wasn't; nor have I claimed that it ever was. It simply had nothing

to do
with my original post, and I was curious what it was I said that made

you
make the post you did so I won't be so ambiguous next time.

Great troll. Get a life. End of this thread has been reached.

You can call me a troll all you want, but that wouldn't make it true. Grow
up.

Great way to support your position. Saying it over and over again doesn't
support your position in the least and it certainly doesn't make it true.
care to support your position? This is what, only the forth time to ask
now?

Ya, that's what I thought.

Old June 23rd 04, 10:19 PM
Kurt Weber

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
Great way to support your position. Saying it over and over again doesn't
support your position in the least and it certainly doesn't make it true.
care to support your position? This is what, only the forth time to ask
now?

Ya, that's what I thought.

The problem, apparently, is that you are confused as to what my position IS.

Your original post had nothing to do with the post of mine to which it was
replying. I was simply curious as to what it was I wrote that confused you,
so I won't make that mistake in the future. I have never claimed that it
was "off-topic" for this newsgroup, only that it had nothing to do with my
immediately prior post. Nice strawman, though. If I weren't more generous
I'd be inclined to think that YOU were trolling.
--
Kurt Weber

Old June 23rd 04, 10:42 PM
Greg Copeland

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:19:32 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:
The problem, apparently, is that you are confused as to what my position IS.

LOL. I think not. You positoin is that you posted and I replied,
offtopic. Seems fairly clear to me. LOL. Yet, you have no supported,
nor even attempted to do so, you position even once. That spells TROLL!
Yet again, you passed up the chance to clear the record.

Your original post had nothing to do with the post of mine to which it was
replying. I was simply curious as to what it was I wrote that confused you,
so I won't make that mistake in the future. I have never claimed that it
was "off-topic" for this newsgroup, only that it had nothing to do with my
immediately prior post. Nice strawman, though. If I weren't more generous
I'd be inclined to think that YOU were trolling.

Then you need to go back and re-read what I posted. It was on topic. My
second post within this thread squarely filled in the holes, for those
that couldn't see the obvious. You seemed to of missed on both counts.

There is no strawman. Again, feel free to offer why it's off topic. I
noticed that you didn't do so. Nice try troll!

Old June 23rd 04, 11:52 PM
Kurt Weber

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news

Then you need to go back and re-read what I posted. It was on topic.

Nor have I claimed that it wasn't.

My
second post within this thread squarely filled in the holes, for those
that couldn't see the obvious.

Because, apparently, it wasn't. I stated that the AVSIM website is slow to
load. You suggested methods for possibly speeding up the size of downloads
from their file library, which had nothing to do with my comment that the
website itself is slow-loading.

There is no strawman.

Apparently there is.

Again, feel free to offer why it's off topic.

Why? I've never claimed that it was. Why is it so difficult for you to
accept that? There's a difference between saying "that bears no relation to
what I posted" and "that is off-topic for this newsgroup".
--
Kurt Weber

Old June 24th 04, 05:15 AM
Greg Copeland

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:52:01 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

Because, apparently, it wasn't. I stated that the AVSIM website is slow to
load. You suggested methods for possibly speeding up the size of downloads
from their file library, which had nothing to do with my comment that the
website itself is slow-loading.

One of the most common causes of a, "slow to load", site is for the
serving site to not have enough bandwidth available. Thusly, I offered
that using BT will improve the site's available bandwidth (latency
to boot) because it helps shift the bandwidth burden away from the serving
site. Thusly, leaving more bandwidth for serving pages. I did state that,
"slow to load", can mean so many different things. You never once, in
spite of my comment, offered more detail. The fact that you're talking
about running FS2004, means that you should have a fairly reasonable
computer, thusly, "slow loading", should not be related to your computer's
speed, unless you have serious problems (virus, trojans, or spyware
perhaps?). For me, the site loads lightning fast and I don't have a
super powerful computer. That leaves us with two primary canidates. One,
your pipe is too small, which I addressed, and two, the server pipe is too
small, which I addressed. Both of which, you seemingly rejected.

If on the other hand, the data is getting to you and the page is simply
not being rendered in a timely manner, in spite of the data being
available, it *suggests* that you have problems with your computer. One
option, as I provided (which should address your crashes too), is to
install mozilla or firefox (http://www.mozilla.org). For many websites,
mozilla, and especially firefox, are able to render pages more quickly
than IE. While technically, that's not, "slow to load", it is often
confused as being one and the same.

All of these facts are why I not only addressed your comments, but why
Peter is currently scored very, very low in my reader and close to
becoming part of my kill file. Thus far, Peter is proven that he knows
enough about technology to be dangerous and no more.

Hopefully this addresses your comments and questions.

Sincerely,

Greg

Old June 24th 04, 03:34 PM
Greg Copeland

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:43:41 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't crash
your browser to boot.

BTW, if you have applications that seem to randomly crash, you might
consider using memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com). Let it run as long
as you can, at least overnight. You would be amazed at how often bit
errors in memory cause odd application ans OS crashes.

Hope this helps.

Old June 24th 04, 03:36 PM
Greg Copeland

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:15:59 -0500, Greg Copeland wrote:

[...]

I should also add, that my comments assume that you have enough RAM.

Greg