Silver Badge!

Old November 23rd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Silver Badge!

Got an email from Judy today, my Silver Badge is in the mail! yippee,
only 2 years worth of goofed up barographs and missed opportunities to
get it too. I should write a book "Silver Badge...Made Hard!"

On to the gold I suppose.

Tony
Old November 23rd 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

On Nov 22, 7:27*pm, wrote:
Got an email from Judy today, my Silver Badge is in the mail! yippee,
only 2 years worth of goofed up barographs and missed opportunities to
get it too. *I should write a book "Silver Badge...Made Hard!"

On to the gold I suppose.

Tony

Tony,

CONGRATULATIONS!

And, I take it this wasn't done in any thing made of fiberglass or
carbon fiber or even metal? Just some old and old-fashioned wood?
Maybe a little fabric mixed in, too.

My hat is off to all badge earners, especially those who earn them in
the older craft that ply the skies.

Now, how are the plans progressing for Diamond Distance?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old November 23rd 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Congratulations! Makes it all the more worthwhile I spent three years
chasing the five hour flight -- got to 4:56 and had another year and a
half with several flights more than 4:00 before I finally did it with a
flight of 6:49. This was all in the 1960s in a TG-3. Dream of getting
diamonds; stay with it!

Old November 23rd 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks everybody! I did all three legs in my Cherokee II. I'm the
Cherokee kid, but recently changed my email address. I cant figure out
how to make a different name show up on the message than my email
address, any ideas?

The more I flew with the barograph the more i wanted a datalogger, but
the loaner barograph from a friend was about right in my price range.
maybe later.

Amazingly, ive done two 5 hr plus flights in my cherokee. and if any
of you have ever seen (or sat in) a Cherokee then you know that is no
small task!! I had the one that counted for my badge last year, and
this summer, in June, I had a 5.5 hour flight. Incredible thing about
that flight was that I didnt take off until 2 PM, but we had some
incredible dry weather due to late spring planting, and it was the day
after summer solstice. It was truly a magical flight.
Old November 23rd 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer!

In message ,
Torsten Beyer writes
schrieb:
Amazingly, ive done two 5 hr plus flights in my cherokee. and if any
of you have ever seen (or sat in) a Cherokee then you know that is no
small task!! I had the one that counted for my badge last year, and

I have to admit I have never seen a Cherokee - I did mine in a Ka8. I
thought that was bad. I was wearing a T-Shirt and short slacks and
sandals :-). And then the thermals took me up to about 6'000ft. Ah, and
the hole for nose release had it's floppy cover lost the weekend before.

So, 5hrs and 10mins in the cold on a ****ty wooden stool (kinda) with
almost nothing on. I had a kidney cold after that - but so what, I had
made it.

Congrats to all who still do it in old fashioned gliders.

Whatever kind of glider you do it in it can be tough. A lot of mine was
on a busy ridge so my neck was sore at the end, and whilst it was a
glass glider (Junior) it had a bracket for a camera on the canopy frame
that dug into my right arm, plus I had a stiff right shoulder, so when I
got back to terra firma it was wonderful to finally be able to ease it.

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
Old November 23rd 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cfinn

On Nov 23, 12:00*am, wrote:
Thanks everybody! *I did all three legs in my Cherokee II. *I'm the
Cherokee kid, but recently changed my email address. I cant figure out
how to make a different name show up on the message than my email
address, any ideas?

Congrats! to change your nickname, sign in to your Google account,
click on "My Account" at the top right of the page, Click on "Edit"
next to personal information, changing your nickname.

Charlie
Old November 23rd 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

H-mm; only if he is accessing through Google. On ras.gliderpilot.net he
should go to the left of the screen to Mygliderpilot.net, click that and
follow the instructions.

Thanks everybody! =A0I did all three legs in my Cherokee II. =A0I'm