IGC Online Pilot Survey

Old February 24th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alexander Georgas

Default IGC Online Pilot Survey

The IGC is conducting a worldwide survey of glider pilots.

The survey aims to better understand the issues faced by glider pilots
in different countries, assess the quality of experience enjoyed by
members of our sport and map out the nature of the global soaring
community.

We would like to hear about your experiences as a glider pilot and
your views on soaring. Your responses will help us in defining
development strategies for our sport.

I invite you to participate in the survey, by following the link
below:

http://igc-survey.fai.org/

--
Alexander Georgas
Chairman
Old February 25th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Feb 24, 10:56*am, Alexander Georgas wrote:
The IGC is conducting a worldwide survey of glider pilots.

The survey aims to better understand the issues faced by glider pilots
in different countries, assess the quality of experience enjoyed by
members of our sport and map out the nature of the global soaring
community.

We would like to hear about your experiences as a glider pilot and
your views on soaring. Your responses will help us in defining
development strategies for our sport.

I invite you to participate in the survey, by following the link
below:

http://igc-survey.fai.org/

--
Alexander Georgas
Chairman
IGC Country Development Working Group

I took the survey, but I was a little confused when it came to
selecting the type of glider I own. My understanding was that
"standard class" is 15 meter, unflapped, and that '15 meter' included
flapped 15 meter gliders. That option wasn't shown, so I selected
'racing class'. I suppose if I ever raced, that would be true.
Old February 25th 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al Eddie[_3_]

At 04:33 25 February 2009, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

I took the survey, but I was a little confused when it came to
selecting the type of glider I own. My understanding was that
"standard class" is 15 meter, unflapped, and that '15 meter'

included
flapped 15 meter gliders. That option wasn't shown, so I selected
'racing class'. I suppose if I ever raced, that would be true.

20m 2-Seat Class isn't mentioned either so I opted for Open Class.

Also, Scotland isn't included on the Country List but I noticed the great
soaring pilgrimages are, for example Christmas Island and Vatican City.

;o)

Old February 25th 09, 08:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al Eddie[_3_]

At 04:33 25 February 2009, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

I took the survey, but I was a little confused when it came to
selecting the type of glider I own. My understanding was that
"standard class" is 15 meter, unflapped, and that '15 meter'

included
flapped 15 meter gliders. That option wasn't shown, so I selected
'racing class'. I suppose if I ever raced, that would be true.

20m 2-Seat Class ian't mentioned either so I suppose Open Class will do.

Also, Scotland isn't included on the Country List, however the great

Old February 25th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Ash

In article ,
Al Eddie wrote:

At 04:33 25 February 2009, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

I took the survey, but I was a little confused when it came to
selecting the type of glider I own. My understanding was that
"standard class" is 15 meter, unflapped, and that '15 meter'

included
flapped 15 meter gliders. That option wasn't shown, so I selected
'racing class'. I suppose if I ever raced, that would be true.

20m 2-Seat Class isn't mentioned either so I opted for Open Class.

Also, Scotland isn't included on the Country List but I noticed the great
soaring pilgrimages are, for example Christmas Island and Vatican City.

It also lists "Metal 2-seater" in the list of club aircraft but there's
no choice for metal single seater! So much for all those Schweitzers....

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old February 25th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 25, 10:19*am, Mike Ash wrote:
In article ,
*Al Eddie wrote:

At 04:33 25 February 2009, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

I took the survey, but I was a little confused when it came to
selecting the type of glider I own. *My understanding was that
"standard class" is 15 meter, unflapped, and that '15 meter'

included
flapped 15 meter gliders. That option wasn't shown, so I selected
'racing class'. *I suppose if I ever raced, that would be true.

20m 2-Seat Class isn't mentioned either so I opted for Open Class.

Also, Scotland isn't included on the Country List but I noticed the great
soaring pilgrimages are, for example Christmas Island and Vatican City.

It also lists "Metal 2-seater" in the list of club aircraft but there's
no choice for metal single seater! So much for all those Schweitzers....

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth

I chose "high performance" for metal single place.... ;o)
Old February 25th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 24, 12:56*pm, Alexander Georgas wrote:
The IGC is conducting a worldwide survey of glider pilots.

The survey aims to better understand the issues faced by glider pilots
in different countries, assess the quality of experience enjoyed by
members of our sport and map out the nature of the global soaring
community.

We would like to hear about your experiences as a glider pilot and
your views on soaring. Your responses will help us in defining
development strategies for our sport.

I invite you to participate in the survey, by following the link
below:

http://igc-survey.fai.org/

--
Alexander Georgas
Chairman
IGC Country Development Working Group

Beware when you fill out the survey that the rightmost column is "not
enough information" not "disagree with extreme strength", the column
headings disappear off the top of the screen, and there is no back
button to fix your answers once you discover this. Thus, one pilot
(me) will be counted as not having information on a curious number of
questions.

John Cochrane

Pilot Survey Pilotgil Piloting 2 August 15th 04 01:02 AM
Pilot Survey Pilotgil Aerobatics 1 August 14th 04 04:22 PM
Pilot Survey Pilotgil Soaring 7 August 14th 04 03:25 PM
Pilot Survey Pilotgil Instrument Flight Rules 0 August 13th 04 08:03 AM
USA Club Survey Now Online! MKEENE221 Soaring 0 December 17th 03 03:21 AM