density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget

Old August 4th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Howie

Default density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget

July issue of AOPA pilot considered density altitude a major topic. I
have looked a bit around on the net and found formulas to compute exact
density altitude from indicated altitude and weather data.
(http://wahiduddin.net/calc/density_altitude.htm) Well, I implemented
these formulas into a Google gadget. You can find it at
http://airspace-v.com/ggadgets

You can add it to Google, use it on http://www.airspace-v.com, or put it
on your own web site. Of course, this also holds for other gadgets
listed on this page. There is at least one more gadget interesting for
flight preparation: The wind calculator to compute heading and flight
time from TAS, course, wind speed and wind direction.

Different units of measurement are supported. You may even mix them.

virtuPIC

P.S.: You have sauna experience? At altitude ? In ski holidays?
Calculate the corresponding density altitude! I know why I am yawning in
there. ;-)

--
Airspace V - international hangar flying!
http://www.airspace-v.com
Old August 5th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Howie" wrote)
(http://wahiduddin.net/calc/density_altitude.htm) Well, I implemented
these formulas into a Google gadget. You can find it at
http://airspace-v.com/ggadgets

P.S.: You have sauna experience? At altitude ? In ski holidays?
Calculate the corresponding density altitude! I know why I am yawning in
there. ;-)

http://www.airspace-v.com/ggadgets/densityAltitude.htm
Fun! ...I thought so anyway.

900 ft .....Elevation
110 F ....Temp
29.92 ....Barometer guess
90% ......Humidity

5,282 ft .....@ the Y.M.C.A.

(What?? That's where the steam room is. g)

Paul-Mont

Old August 5th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
d&tm[_2_]

"Montblack" wrote in message

snip
900 ft .....Elevation
110 F ....Temp
29.92 ....Barometer guess
90% ......Humidity

5,282 ft .....@ the Y.M.C.A.

(What?? That's where the steam room is. g)

Where does elevation come into it? temp, pressure and humidity defines the
density of the air ( 1.083kg/m3 in this case) , which is then compared to
the density of the standard atmosphere, which in my calcs gives 4140 ft as
the density altitude.
terry

Old August 5th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

900 is where you start.

d&tm wrote:

"Montblack" wrote in message

snip

900 ft .....Elevation
110 F ....Temp
29.92 ....Barometer guess
90% ......Humidity

5,282 ft .....@ the Y.M.C.A.

(What?? That's where the steam room is. g)

Where does elevation come into it? temp, pressure and humidity defines the
density of the air ( 1.083kg/m3 in this case) , which is then compared to
the density of the standard atmosphere, which in my calcs gives 4140 ft as
the density altitude.
terry

density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget virtuPIC[_2_] General Aviation 0 August 4th 07 05:55 PM
VFR xcountry calculator/log (NEW!!!) Cecilia Lang Piloting 0 December 26th 05 11:45 AM
E6B calculator for IPAQ? Paul kgyy Piloting 2 May 14th 05 11:05 AM
Calculator Phoebus_810 Soaring 0 January 8th 05 05:36 PM
JSW Glide Calculator snaproll59 Soaring 5 November 7th 04 05:01 PM