Moeller Sky Car for sale!

Old October 12th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Finney

Default Moeller Sky Car for sale!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M400X...spagenameZWDVW

I suppose it had to happen!

Old October 12th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Burns[_1_]

ROFLMAO!
I like the question from the guy that wants to tow his boat with it. Hope
he's got a fireproof gelcoat.
Jim

Old October 13th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

Default Moeller Sky Car for sale! Ebay Scam?????

Something tells me this is a scam. Check out the bidders, click on
their feedback rating and then check out the type of items they've
purchased...absolutely nothing to do with aviation and/or cars for that
matter. Also something tells me that bigkahuna and stupidkid aren't
million dollar bidders. No offense intended. Part of this bidding
process seems to be turning over some of your personal info on a screen
that looks very official from ebay...but beware the scammers are very
smart and are very good at what they do. Don...

Old October 13th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

DonMorrisey wrote:
Something tells me this is a scam. Check out the bidders, click on
their feedback rating and then check out the type of items they've
purchased...absolutely nothing to do with aviation and/or cars for that
matter. Also something tells me that bigkahuna and stupidkid aren't
million dollar bidders. No offense intended. Part of this bidding
process seems to be turning over some of your personal info on a screen
that looks very official from ebay...but beware the scammers are very
smart and are very good at what they do. Don...

It is and it is not a scam. The auction is a real eBay listing but I
doubt the item is worth what it will bring even if the buyer gets what
is listed. The Skycar is a scam anyway you look at it.

Go to the eBay website and search for "M400X" and it'll come right up...

Tony
Old October 13th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

Tony, that is how ebay scammers work, the auction pages are actually on
ebay. There is no doubt the item is listed on ebay...it's the
infornation such as ebay id and corresponding passwords that these rip
off artists are after. Watch out!!

Don..

Old October 13th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
abripl[_1_]

Wright brothers may have been regarded as scamers by some. Moller has
been at this for years and seems genuine in his efforts. I personally
don't think he will succeed, but I still don't like to put people down
for pursuing a dream. We all like to identify with success and not with
failure. A lot of historical successes could not be predicted. Lets not
be so eager to put efforts down - puting down is allways easy, pursuing
a dream is not. Some dreams succeed, many don't, but that is the price
of progress.

Old October 13th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

"abripl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wright brothers may have been regarded as scamers by some. Moller has
been at this for years and seems genuine in his efforts. I personally
don't think he will succeed, but I still don't like to put people down
for pursuing a dream. We all like to identify with success and not with
failure. A lot of historical successes could not be predicted. Lets not
be so eager to put efforts down - puting down is allways easy, pursuing
a dream is not. Some dreams succeed, many don't, but that is the price
of progress.

A few obvious differences between the Wrights and Moller:

1) The Wrights operated in secrecy. Moeller has been out in the press with
his vaporware for at least 3 decades.

2) The Wrights never solicited investors, at least until well after they had
a flying aircraft.

3) The Wrights didn't try and sell their product until they had proven that
it worked.

Moller seems to make a good living by wasting other people's money.

KB

Old October 13th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

You are overly paranoid. If you go to eBay and log in there rather than
following some link, there is no possibility of having your password and
account info stolen. As a former IT pro and network admin, I am way
more security minded that most people. My passwords are never less than
12 characters and I change them frequently. Also my passwords do not
involve things that could be guessed by knowing me really well. The
only links I follow to places that require a login are in my Firefox
bookmarks.

Weather or not the item is actually there is to be determined later.

Tony

Old October 13th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim Ward[_1_]

"DonMorrisey" wrote in message
ups.com...
Something tells me this is a scam. Check out the bidders, click on
their feedback rating and then check out the type of items they've
purchased...absolutely nothing to do with aviation snip

And this surprises you for what reason?

Tim Ward