One More Reason I Prefer GA

Old December 26th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default One More Reason I Prefer GA

Not being IFR rated (or having an IFR capable airplane), Kelly and I took a
people tube from Atlanta to San Antonio on Thursday and flew back on
Christmas Day. We usually take commercial flights when we absolutely have
to be somewhere. You really can't count on getting anywhere VFR,
particularly this time of year.

Anyway, now I'm sick as a dog. Massive sinus infection. Which I suspect was
due to being stuffed into a 10' diameter tube for about 5 hours with a bunch
of people, quite a few who were visibly under the weather.

It seems like I catch a cold/sinus/whatever kind of thing about 1/3 of the
time I fly commercial. That simply doesn't happen when we take my airplane.

So here I sit, grumpy on the couch.

KB

Old December 27th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..
Not being IFR rated (or having an IFR capable airplane), Kelly and I took
a people tube from Atlanta to San Antonio on Thursday and flew back on
Christmas Day. We usually take commercial flights when we absolutely have
to be somewhere. You really can't count on getting anywhere VFR,
particularly this time of year.

Anyway, now I'm sick as a dog. Massive sinus infection. Which I suspect
was due to being stuffed into a 10' diameter tube for about 5 hours with a
bunch of people, quite a few who were visibly under the weather.

It seems like I catch a cold/sinus/whatever kind of thing about 1/3 of the
time I fly commercial. That simply doesn't happen when we take my
airplane.

So here I sit, grumpy on the couch.

KB

Damn, looks like a terrorsit attack to me, germ warfare!

------------------------------------
DW

Old December 27th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Kyle Boatright wrote:
Not being IFR rated (or having an IFR capable airplane), Kelly and I took a
people tube from Atlanta to San Antonio on Thursday and flew back on
Christmas Day. We usually take commercial flights when we absolutely have
to be somewhere. You really can't count on getting anywhere VFR,
particularly this time of year.

Anyway, now I'm sick as a dog. Massive sinus infection. Which I suspect was
due to being stuffed into a 10' diameter tube for about 5 hours with a bunch
of people, quite a few who were visibly under the weather.

It seems like I catch a cold/sinus/whatever kind of thing about 1/3 of the
time I fly commercial. That simply doesn't happen when we take my airplane.

I got stuck two days in the passenger terminal in STL by an ice storm
and was sick a week and a half.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Aeroplanes - http://pad39a.com/gene/planes.html

Old December 27th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Kyle Boatright writes:

It seems like I catch a cold/sinus/whatever kind of thing about 1/3 of the
time I fly commercial. That simply doesn't happen when we take my airplane.

That's because commercial airliners are filled with other people, many
of whom are probably suffering from contagious respiratory infections.
When you fly your own airplane, there are no other sources of germs,
so you cannot become sick.

Old December 27th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Kyle Boatright writes:

It seems like I catch a cold/sinus/whatever kind of thing about 1/3 of

the
time I fly commercial. That simply doesn't happen when we take my

airplane.

That's because commercial airliners are filled with other people, many
of whom are probably suffering from contagious respiratory infections.
When you fly your own airplane, there are no other sources of germs,
so you cannot become sick.

It may seem incredible, for a bunch of macho men inclined to take the
controls, but some here had already suspected all of that.

Old December 27th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Mxsmanic wrote:

That's because commercial airliners are filled with other people, many
of whom are probably suffering from contagious respiratory infections.
When you fly your own airplane, there are no other sources of germs,
so you cannot become sick.

Thank you, Captain Obvious...

Old December 27th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_5_]

"Kingfish wrote

Thank you, Captain Obvious...

This comment is not just for you, kingfish, and I'm not picking on you, but
for everyone.

A simple response like this is still what trolls desire.

I hope that everyone makes a new year's resolution, like, "I will not make
ANY kind of response to mxmanic, at all, this year"

He will stay, until we ALL stop.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 27th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Morgans" wrote)
He will stay, until we ALL stop.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious..." g

Montblack :-)

Old December 27th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Morgans wrote:

I hope that everyone makes a new year's resolution, like, "I will not make
ANY kind of response to mxmanic, at all, this year"

OK Jim, you're on : )

I've tried the rational approach with that guy, (it failed miserably)
so in the interest of raising the signal-to-noise ratio in this forum
I'm officially mute..

Old December 27th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_5_]

"Kingfish" wrote

OK Jim, you're on : )

I've tried the rational approach with that guy, (it failed miserably)
so in the interest of raising the signal-to-noise ratio in this forum
I'm officially mute..

I tried logical, harassment, and frequent posts asking individuals to not
reply (and you would think I was denying them of their constitutional
rights, or something), and blocking everyone who ever posted to him, and
blocking him.

Not a thing has made a difference, it seems.

Let's all urge everyone to be mute, like you, (thanks) no mater the need to
respond, and perhaps we can have a "non-contaminated" group by the new year.

I must be dreaming, though. g Some have no self control. :-(
--
Jim in NC