Briegleb BG-12B?

Old December 5th 19, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Briegleb BG-12B?

I bought a hangar a while back that has a wood glider project. Fuselage, stab and fin seem pretty much assembled. One wing is a skeleton and there is an assortment of pieces. I have NO PAPERWORK OF ANY KIND except for one badly faded construction drawing on which I was able to make out a model number but there is no way for me to know for sure that drawing goes to this aircraft. Would there be any interest in a project of this kind?
Old December 5th 19, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A complete BG-12 with open trailer just sold for $25.00 on Barnstormers.............doubt you will find anyone interested in a partial old wooden death trap?
JJ
Old December 5th 19, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

There are several BG12 flying here in .au, nobody has died yet. A simple strong wooden aircraft.
Old December 5th 19, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:35:41 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I bought a hangar a while back that has a wood glider project. Fuselage, stab and fin seem pretty much assembled. One wing is a skeleton and there is an assortment of pieces. I have NO PAPERWORK OF ANY KIND except for one badly faded construction drawing on which I was able to make out a model number but there is no way for me to know for sure that drawing goes to this aircraft. Would there be any interest in a project of this kind?

Hang it on the wall as art. Or find someone with a bar that needs cool things hanging from the ceiling. I don't think you will find anyone with the interest and energy to put one of these together for flying.
Old December 5th 19, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 6:06:10 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Hang it on the wall as art. Or find someone with a bar that needs cool things hanging from the ceiling. I don't think you will find anyone with the interest and energy to put one of these together for flying.

Heh heh. Hold my beer. :-)

So, where is it?

Steve Leonard
Wichita, KS
Old December 5th 19, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 8:20:43 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 6:06:10 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Hang it on the wall as art. Or find someone with a bar that needs cool things hanging from the ceiling. I don't think you will find anyone with the interest and energy to put one of these together for flying.

Heh heh. Hold my beer. :-)

So, where is it?

Steve Leonard
Wichita, KS

We knew we could count on you, Steve! Go Get um!!!
Old December 5th 19, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 9:52:19 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 8:20:43 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 6:06:10 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Hang it on the wall as art. Or find someone with a bar that needs cool things hanging from the ceiling. I don't think you will find anyone with the interest and energy to put one of these together for flying.

Heh heh. Hold my beer. :-)

So, where is it?

Steve Leonard
Wichita, KS

We knew we could count on you, Steve! Go Get um!!!

Tony can grab the Cherokees, I will grab the BeeJeesuses. Or, would that be BeeJeezi?

Steve Leonard
Old December 5th 19, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

CQ is correct; at least one being actively flown in Australia (club owned?) and 2 with current registration in the US. Not sure how one can say they're a death trap, but if you're serious, better let them know their life is in danger. I seem to remember one of you guys building wooden glider(s) in the past, so you must be in a position to opine.
Old December 5th 19, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.a...a-5bc5af6ee194

Investigate and draw your own conclusions.

T8
Old December 5th 19, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I didn’t say the BG-12 was a death trap...........I said THIS BG-12 was a death trap! No construction log, no materials log, no inspection log..........who built it? What glue did he use? How’s it been stored for maybe 50 years?
Having said that, T8’s post has got to give everyone cause to consider the bird extremely suspect.
I’m an old wood chipper, but they must be inspected regularly, stored correctly and flown within conservative limits! The Tehachapi fatality was nothing short of heartbreaking. The kid and his dad were under the false impression that any aircraft that was in license was probably safe + the kid tried to perform a high speed pass, like he’d seen the big guys do..........how’d that work out for him?

Flame suit on,
JJ

woodstock 1/thor duster bj1/briegleb bg12/miller tern plansconstruction cba25glider Soaring 3 July 8th 08 03:12 AM
Barnstormer's Briegleb BG-12 For Sale (also advertised on WandW) cursingcomputers Soaring 11 April 10th 08 11:44 PM
Briegleb Robert Gaines Soaring 4 August 19th 07 03:33 PM
WTB: Plans for Briegleb BG-12 BD noel56z Soaring 1 September 9th 05 12:35 AM
Briegleb 12B - Opinions? Eggs Soaring 22 December 31st 03 07:20 PM