Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

Old March 16th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

"Blueskies" wrote in
:

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Yeager has known that Welsh broke the barrier since day one as he
knew almost everybody who was at Pancho's that day,and has to my
knowledge anyway, just let it slide as he rode an entire career on
his "reputation". Officially, the AF I believe revised Yeager's X1
flight to say he wa the first to break Mach one in LEVEL FLIGHT.
The "debate" will probably go on forever, but Welsh was the man!!

--
Dudley Henriques

Level flight is the key here...

There was apparently also someone who made it through in a prop
fighter diving, got lucky and pulled it out...

There were quite a few reports of that, but part of the problem with
compressibility is that it makes for massive errors in the airspeed
indications.

Bertie
Old March 16th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Blueskies" wrote in
:

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Yeager has known that Welsh broke the barrier since day one as he
knew almost everybody who was at Pancho's that day,and has to my
knowledge anyway, just let it slide as he rode an entire career on
his "reputation". Officially, the AF I believe revised Yeager's X1
flight to say he wa the first to break Mach one in LEVEL FLIGHT.
The "debate" will probably go on forever, but Welsh was the man!!

--
Dudley Henriques

Level flight is the key here...

There was apparently also someone who made it through in a prop
fighter diving, got lucky and pulled it out...

There were quite a few reports of that, but part of the problem with
compressibility is that it makes for massive errors in the airspeed
indications.

Bertie

It's impossible to go supersonic in a prop fighter. The Brits tried it
at Boscombe Downe, my friend Herb Fisher did high mach dive tests in a
highly modified P47 with various props and he didn't make it. I had a
Mustang out to .77 and almost killed myself.
The problem is the prop. Although the tips wll go supersonic, (The T6
tips are super on takeoff) the rest of the propeller builds up HUGE drag
that reaches a maximum point and won't allow any further increase in
mach number.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 17th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Bob F." wrote in
:

That's why it's out in front. :-)

Oh my god, you're as bad as Dudley!

Bertie
Old March 17th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

That's why it's out in front. :-)

Oh my god, you're as bad as Dudley!

Bertie

God, don't wish THAT on th poor guy. :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 17th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
news
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

That's why it's out in front. :-)

Oh my god, you're as bad as Dudley!

Bertie

God, don't wish THAT on th poor guy. :-))

Heh heh. he brought it on himself.

Bertie
Old March 17th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
news
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

That's why it's out in front. :-)

Oh my god, you're as bad as Dudley!

Bertie

God, don't wish THAT on th poor guy. :-))

Heh heh. he brought it on himself.

Usenet pun disease. It's incurable. You shoot one out there innocently
and you're hopelessly hooked forever. Pretty soon even the family cat
leaves you alone :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 17th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.

You are right Dudley. It's so target rich! Might as well have fun. Not to
worry. I got Bertie's number, I'll call him a friend "anyway".

--
Regards, BobF.
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
news
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

Old March 17th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Bob F." wrote in
:

You are right Dudley. It's so target rich! Might as well have fun.
Not to worry. I got Bertie's number,

That's 1.95 a minute, you know.

I'll call him a friend "anyway".

I'll refrain from the obvious "AIRPLANE!" inspired joke.

Bertie

Implications of.....keeping the speed up [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 48 January 14th 07 11:41 PM
Gamepad, stopping throttle axis from being auto-centered DenisK Simulators 1 December 20th 06 09:16 AM
Keeping a builders log Lou Home Built 24 January 28th 06 10:46 PM
Thanks for ideas on drilling a centered hole! Scott Home Built 12 October 25th 04 02:52 AM
Keeping Me Out of Your Warbird? Stephen Harding Military Aviation 47 February 12th 04 04:34 PM