Any Maverick Leader Jet experience?

Old November 11th 03, 07:22 PM
Alex Zeng

Default Any Maverick Leader Jet experience?

They said they are making 5 per month, then there should be 100+ flying out
there now. Anyone has experience building and flying one of them? They
appear to be the only one in the ultra light jet category out there flying.
Does it really take 9 months to assemble them together from the kit?

Old November 11th 03, 07:55 PM
Ron Natalie

"Alex Zeng" wrote in message ...
They said they are making 5 per month,

That doesn't mean they are sellilng 5 per month.

Old November 12th 03, 03:08 AM
Kyler Laird

"Ron Natalie" writes:

They said they are making 5 per month,

That doesn't mean they are sellilng 5 per month.

I would expect it to be darned close. They don't seem to linger for sale.

http://www.maverickjets.com/faqs.html

What would my Maverick Jet sell for after it is built and ready to fly?

At a recent air show, the first used Maverick Jet was auctioned. Based on the auction, the estimated market value for a new fully loaded Maverick Jet would bring $2,000,000.00.

The second Maverick Jet recently re-sold, even before it was completed to fly; the owner had an 'all-cash' offer for $2,000,000.00.

--kyler
Old November 12th 03, 03:36 PM
markjen

Based on the remarkable lack of hard info on their web site, I'd be
surprised if more than one or two is actually flying.

- Mark

Old November 12th 03, 03:43 PM
Ron Natalie

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message news
"Ron Natalie" writes:

They said they are making 5 per month,

That doesn't mean they are sellilng 5 per month.

I would expect it to be darned close. They don't seem to linger for sale.

http://www.maverickjets.com/faqs.html

Only for the built ones, which seems to be not a whole lot. Just because they build
5 kits a month, or even sell 5 kits a month, doesn't equate to 5 flying aircraft in customer
hands.

Old November 13th 03, 01:08 AM
Kyler Laird

"Ron Natalie" writes:

They said they are making 5 per month,

That doesn't mean they are sellilng 5 per month.

I would expect it to be darned close. They don't seem to linger for sale.

http://www.maverickjets.com/faqs.html

Only for the built ones, which seems to be not a whole lot. Just because they build
5 kits a month, or even sell 5 kits a month, doesn't equate to 5 flying aircraft in customer
hands.

Again, I'd think it would be close. They're not sold as traditional kits.
Necessitated by FAA regulation, with a 'custom' plane the
buyer is responsible for the 51 percent rule of the completed
build of the plane, though the buyer may have or use a professional
'Build Assist' Center for their custom built plane. With every
buyer of the Maverick Jets this is always done, they all go through
one of our national or international professional 'Build Assist'
Maverick Jet's Build Center.

I suppose they could have kits stacking up waiting for people to visit the
Build Center, but I wouldn't expect that to be a big pile.

--kyler