New CFI

Old February 1st 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steven Barnes

Default New CFI

Well, I finally passed my CFI checkride last Sunday! I started the ride the
week before, but clouds ceilings kept us from doing most of the airwork.
Whew. Now I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to head out to the
airport again. :-)

On to the CFII...

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

Old February 1st 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kevin Clarke

Steven Barnes wrote:
Well, I finally passed my CFI checkride last Sunday! I started the ride the
week before, but clouds ceilings kept us from doing most of the airwork.
Whew. Now I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to head out to the
airport again. :-)

On to the CFII...

Congratulations, very cool! Where are you going with your ratings? What
do you hope to do?

KC
Old February 1st 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steven Barnes

Hopefully make enough to pay for the CFI checkride....

I'm a computer programmer, so I have no aspirations to build time for the
airlines. To darn old. I'd love to teach full time, but can't take the cut
in pay. :-)
I just want to teach in our flying club & help my CFII a little with his
10dayinstrument.com business. I'm studying for the CFII written at the
moment. Amazing the things you forget since you get the IFR rating.

"Kevin Clarke" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Old February 1st 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:57:06 -0800, Steven Barnes wrote
(in article ):

Well, I finally passed my CFI checkride last Sunday! I started the ride the
week before, but clouds ceilings kept us from doing most of the airwork.
Whew. Now I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to head out to the
airport again. :-)

On to the CFII...

Fantastic! Congratulations.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 1st 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BT

congrats...

but would I fly with a CFI with a call sign "crash"??
just kidding.. as computer programmer... just tell them it's the programs
that crash.. not the airplane

BT
CFI-G

. net...

Old February 1st 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison

Congrats. Steven. Some day I'd like to do the same...seriously
considering starting on the commercial certificate sometime this year.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old February 1st 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:57:06 -0800, Steven Barnes wrote
(in article ):

Well, I finally passed my CFI checkride last Sunday! I started the ride the
week before, but clouds ceilings kept us from doing most of the airwork.
Whew. Now I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to head out to the
airport again. :-)

On to the CFII...

Or the MEI. Then YOU get to decide who the real pilots are (unlike some guys
who have never flown an airplane).

Old February 1st 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
kontiki

Steven Barnes wrote:
Hopefully make enough to pay for the CFI checkride....

I'm a computer programmer, so I have no aspirations to build time for the
airlines. To darn old. I'd love to teach full time, but can't take the cut
in pay. :-)
I just want to teach in our flying club & help my CFII a little with his
10dayinstrument.com business. I'm studying for the CFII written at the
moment. Amazing the things you forget since you get the IFR rating.

Congratulations, its not a trivial rating to get. I used to be a
computer geek myself before throwing in the towell a few years
back.
Old February 2nd 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steven Barnes

Heh, other than airlines, I've never flown in a "twin". There's just not
much call for it around here. The computer firm I work for has 3 Citations.
One of the pilot's said all I need is a multi & high-alt endorsement to fly
right seat. I can put the CFII to more work than a multi, so that's first on
my laundry list.

e.com...

Old February 2nd 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Well, I finally passed my CFI checkride last Sunday!

Way to go, Steven! You've got a free celebratory beer coming, next
time you're in town...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck