Flying Magazine's Instrument Flying 1973

Old January 2nd 04, 10:37 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Flying Magazine's Instrument Flying 1973

A complete handbook for flying IFR in the US as it was thirty years ago.
Very good condition, complete, cover shows a bit of wear, 146 pages.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y104621F6

Old January 3rd 04, 03:03 PM
Bob Noel

In article k.net,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

use the .marketplace group.

gripes.

you don't want spam yet you spam.

--
Bob Noel
Old January 3rd 04, 03:31 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

use the .marketplace group.

I did.

gripes.

you don't want spam yet you spam.

Yup, I don't want a lot of unwanted garbage sent to my email address. This
was a short message about an IFR flying publication sent to an IFR forum.
The content was clearly indicated by the subject line, nobody was required
to open the message.

Old January 4th 04, 12:47 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

use the .marketplace group.

I did.

gripes.

you don't want spam yet you spam.

Yup, I don't want a lot of unwanted garbage sent to my email address.

This
was a short message about an IFR flying publication sent to an IFR forum.
The content was clearly indicated by the subject line, nobody was required
to open the message.

From the subject line we can't tell if you referencing an article, a point
of history...

If you check the Usenet rules, I believe they prohibit posts selling stuff
in any group other those designated (i.e., xxx.marketplace). As Bob said,
take it to the marketplace groups where it belongs(and stop being a
hypocrite).

Old January 4th 04, 03:24 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

From the subject line we can't tell if you referencing an article, a point
of history...

So what? If the subject line does not interest you don't open the message.

If you check the Usenet rules, I believe they prohibit posts selling stuff
in any group other those designated (i.e., xxx.marketplace). As Bob said,
take it to the marketplace groups where it belongs(and stop being a
hypocrite).

No hypocrite I. I've no objection to anyone using this forum to alert
others to item's pertaining to IFR flying.

Old January 3rd 04, 04:04 PM
Dan Luke

"Bob Noel" wrote:
you don't want spam yet you spam.

In principle I agree with you, Bob, but in practice I don't. It is not a
black/white issue. This newsgroup is a community of more or less regular
contributors. Members "in good standing" are due certain leeway because
of their status as useful participants over time. So I don't mind
Steven's post because 1) he doesn't make a habit of it, 2) it is on
topic and 3) he's a regular.

It's a grey area, I know, and one might reasonably argue about who
defines a member in good standing; I guess you know 'em when you see
'em.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old January 4th 04, 12:49 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
"Bob Noel" wrote:
you don't want spam yet you spam.

In principle I agree with you, Bob, but in practice I don't. It is not a
black/white issue. This newsgroup is a community of more or less regular
contributors. Members "in good standing" are due certain leeway because
of their status as useful participants over time. So I don't mind
Steven's post because 1) he doesn't make a habit of it, 2) it is on
topic and 3) he's a regular.

And all that is totally irrelevant.

It's a grey area, I know, and one might reasonably argue about who
defines a member in good standing; I guess you know 'em when you see
'em.

It's not a grey area; it's prohibited. Besides, who elected YOU to decide
who is a "member in good standing"?

Old January 4th 04, 02:48 AM
Dan Luke

You haven' been around here long enough to run for sheriff.

Buzz off.

Old January 4th 04, 03:14 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
You haven' been around here long enough to run for sheriff.

Buzz off.

There's no tenure here. Screw you!!

Old January 3rd 04, 11:22 PM
GregR

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

A complete handbook for flying IFR in the US as it was thirty years ago.
Very good condition, complete, cover shows a bit of wear, 146 pages.

Heh, I've got a copy of that one also - I'd just gotten my private ticket in
'72.

Hard to believe it's been 30 years, I'm going to keep my copy just for its
sentimental and historical value.

--

GregR - Another Beemer Biker ...o&o

CA/IFR/BGI - KVNY