Pegasus time limit

Old January 4th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

Default Pegasus time limit

Nyal Williams wrote:
Sell them in France; ship them over, get them certified
for 12,000hrs there, and re-import with a French POH
and fly experimental.

You line up the buyers and I'll provide the aircraft. Well, at least
the first one or two. :-)

Jeremy (only half kidding)
Old January 5th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fbrahic

Hey guys,

I'm from France, a member a certain california club that has a grounded
Pegasus, and have a cousin who's a lawyer in the south of France.

If you are seriously interested in pursuing this, I could get in touch
with said cousin and find out whether this is anywhere near his area of
expertise and how much it would cost to have him work on it. After
that, if things seem to line up and he thinks there is some hope
through the legal route, he can things forward.

So, if there is serious interest, and someone wants to coordinate this
(collecting money from 50 owners, etc), I'll make the initial phone
calls to assess whether it's worth pushing forward.

Francois

Old January 5th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

OK, let's try a little advertising:

New Category Gliders!
----
CLIPPED WING PEGASUS

All interested, inquire within.

Old January 6th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig

It is indeed an unfortunate situation. The Peg's a nice ship. It
seems to me that Centrair's reluctance would be primarily economic.
They no longer need the US soaring community as a customer base and
they have a regulatory sunset in place for the 51 STC'd birds that are
in the high liability US market. Sounds like a "get out of jail free"
card to me.

The class action route is likely to be expensive and there may be
statutes of limitations that restrict what can be done, etc. If you
valued each airframe at $15k that's still only $765k for the lot of
them. Rounding up to an even mil. for the whole thing, it's still no
more than a couple of personal injury cases would cost. On a larger
scale, Beechcraft bought up nearly the entire fleet of Starships and
destroyed them for similar reasons if I understand correctly.

The French market may be the best bet if the Pegasus reverts to the
higher hour limit upon re-registration. Are there other countries
where this might work? If so it would spread out the number of ships
flooding the market. The weak dollar doesn't help either. Sorry to
hear the bad news.

So Tom, I'm assuming the weather in Idaho has been crummy and you were
just trolling to see what would come to the surface or do you have a
dog in the fight?

Best regards,
Craig

Old January 6th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

fbrahic wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm from France, a member a certain california club that has a grounded
Pegasus, and have a cousin who's a lawyer in the south of France.

If you are seriously interested in pursuing this, I could get in touch
with said cousin and find out whether this is anywhere near his area of
expertise and how much it would cost to have him work on it. After
that, if things seem to line up and he thinks there is some hope
through the legal route, he can things forward.

So, if there is serious interest, and someone wants to coordinate this
(collecting money from 50 owners, etc), I'll make the initial phone
calls to assess whether it's worth pushing forward.

I suspect that's far more work and difficult to coordinate than simply
selling the 3,000+ hour ships in a foreign marketplace.

Jeremy
Old January 6th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Jan 5, 6:02 pm, "Craig" wrote:
Beechcraft bought up nearly the entire fleet of Starships and
destroyed them for similar reasons if I understand correctly.

Depending on how old the image is, there are still 28 Starships he
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...04973&t=k&om=1

Old January 6th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Got yer Pegasus right here, 623 hours, only minor damage:

Add your wings, fuselage, and tail and be ready to go in no time:

http://www.aigaviation.com/salvage/N...vageN31DT.aspx

Old January 6th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Ehrlich

Craig wrote:
The French market may be the best bet if the Pegasus reverts to the
higher hour limit upon re-registration. Are there other countries
where this might work? If so it would spread out the number of ships
flooding the market. The weak dollar doesn't help either. Sorry to
hear the bad news.

If I correctly understand the European regulations, it should work in
any contry member of the European Union.
Old January 6th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What about Canada? I have no idea and don't own a Peg but maybe there
is some FAA loophole if you export the ship to Canada and then
re-import it under a new registration and air worthiness cert.

Just a thought. Canada wouldn't be a terrible distance to drive.