Aviation Conspiracy: Bush Backs Down On Tower Privatization Issue!!!

Old September 29th 03, 02:46 AM
Bill Mulcahy

Default Aviation Conspiracy: Bush Backs Down On Tower Privatization Issue!!!

The graphic (website) version of this newsletter can be accessed at:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter239.htm

Quote of the Week: "But it doesn't do any good to complain. They're going to
do whatever they want to do, and go back on whatever they had said
previously." resident living near commenting on 92 percent increase in
nighttime noise from Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport

Aviation Conspiracy Newsletter
#239.........................................Septe mber 28, 2003 Past
newsletters can be accessed at:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/ACNewsmenu.htm Bill Mulcahy

Bush Backs Down On Tower Privatization Issue!!!

As Bill Sees It: (Editorial): Bush Digs Himself Another Hole...Again!!! It
looks as if President Moronic-Polluter will be forced to back down on his
effort to get the privatizing of air traffic control towers to be part of
the FAA Reauthorization Bill. Representatives are all jumping the
privatization ship while the moron-in-chief keeps shouting to keep on
course. It turns out that the air traffic control tower privatization
provision was not even in the bill that passed in both houses. Fox News
reported that it was cleverly (or stupidly, as they were caught) sneaked
into the bill when it was sent to the conference committee. This committee
was supposed to "iron out" differences between the House and Senate
versions, not put new provisions in. House Transportation Committee
Chairman, Rep. Don Young (R. Alaska) said this scheme was hatched at the
request of Bush. This apparently upset enough politicians, some of which had
their local airports on the privatization list, to get FAA reauthorization
stopped in its tracks. The congresscreeps hurriedly passed a temporary
one-month extension of FAA funding. It looks as if they will drop the
privatization provision because the "fast tracking" of environmental reviews
of airports and streamlining expansion is what the bill is mostly about
anyway. They will try to get another vote on the bill this week.

F-16 Type Jet To Soon Be Available To The Public!!! If you have read these
newsletters for a while you have seen the large amount of opposition by
communities to having F-16s flying over their homes. Now it seems that there
will soon be a CIVILIAN version (pictured at right) of the military jet
available to further diminish Americans quality of life!!! When a
millionaire pilot, joyriding on the weekend, loses control of one of these
jets, I'm sure it won't just take out only one or two houses. According to
Aviation Week's website, the "Javelin," the manufacturer "intends to begin
customer deliveries another 18 months after that-once the aircraft has
obtained its FAA type approval." As the FAA's goal is to destroy every last
vestige of quiet in America, I'm sure they'll be no problem.

Quiet Communities Act of 2003 (H.R. 475) Stuck In Committee: I would love to
see a debate in the House on this bill. I would especially like to see
excuses the congresscriminal opponents of this bill would use to justify not
having ANY protection for Americans from noise pollution. It is now being
reviewed by FIVE committees for a period to be determined by House Speaker,
Dennis Hastert (R-Illinois). By the way, according to his web site (where he
touts his award for protecting community health), Hastert is a big supporter
of O'Hare expansion. Funny, that on this web site, he didn't even bother to
mention any concern about the people affected by the environmental impacts
of the O'Hare expansion. He's apparently just another Republican polluter.
You can find out more information about this bill and write to your
representatives at Congress.org.:
http://capwiz.com/congressorg/issues...5&congress=108

Air Traffic Controllers Tell Bush Where To Go!!! At issue now is the ability
of the Federal Aviation Administration to let private operators take over at
government-run air traffic control towers. The Bush administration had
threatened to veto the aviation bill if the measure does not give the FAA
the power to convert 69 towers, mostly at smaller airports. The revival of a
1981 dispute that air traffic controllers had with the Reagan administration
is now stalling passage of a four-year, $60 billion aviation spending bill.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...alls_faa_bill/

Congress Continues FAA Funding...For One Month!!! The Senate approved a
month-long continuing resolution Thursday by voice vote, clearing it for the
president's signature after House passage, 407-8, earlier in the day. While
the CR extends FAA funding to prevent the furlough of federal workers, it
does not resolve the larger issue of FAA reauthorization. House sources said
conferees on the aviation reauthorization package are expected to reopen
conference talks next week to work through issues that have stalled
completion of the four-year, $60 billion bill, including the thorny issue of
whether to allow the Bush administration to move ahead with a plan to
privatize the air traffic control system.
http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0903/092603cdam1.htm

Congressman Weiner "Threatened" Flt. 587 Victim's Relatives Over Wall
Memorial: Rockaway, New York City: Hector Alagrobba, who lost both parents
in the crash, told The Wave (a local newspaper) that Weiner had "threatened"
him when he heard that the group was going to hold a press conference at the
site. "Weiner told me that the wall would remain if we postponed the press
conference, but would be immediately taken down if we went ahead with it,"
Alagrobba said. http://www.rockawave.com/News/2003/0..._Page/024.html

Kentucky: 92 Percent Growth In Night Traffic Increases: If new nighttime
takeoff and landing procedures are made permanent at the Cincinnati/Northern
Kentucky International Airport, the airport could have to buy more houses. A
92 percent growth in overnight air traffic is the reason for the new
procedures, which are currently being tested. The airport has spent $132.5
million since 1990 to buy, soundproof or provide purchase assistance for
1,108 homes. An initial study by the airport examined the impact of a test
of new nighttime procedures conducted from January through March by the
Federal Aviation Administration. The study showed that the noisiest areas
around the airport expanded to the north and south and contracted from the
west under the new procedures. Editor's Note: How come there are no
"buyouts" or even noise proofing in New York City? Read stories on this
issue at:

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...rtnoise26.html
http://www.cincypost.com/2003/09/27/...ort092703.html

California: New State Noise Law Warns Buyers: A new state law means people
selling homes near Concord's Buchanan Field will have to warn buyers that
noise from planes may annoy them. Officials say the disclosure area now
covers more than 40 percent of the city -- and some aren't happy about that.
The Contra Costa County Airport Land Use Commission likes the area covered.
The City Council is concerned about decreasing property values and wants to
limit the disclosure zone to the immediate area around the field. Editor's
Note: I couldn't find any more information on this California state noise
law. If anyone knows more about it, please let me know.
http://www.nbc11.com/travelgetaways/2511206/detail.html

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Important Aviation News Stories This Week

Night flights expand noise belt

Airport might have to buy more houses

By James Pilcher

The Cincinnati Enquirer

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...rtnoise26.html

INFOGRAPHIC

.. How noise boundary might change

HEBRON - If new nighttime takeoff and landing procedures are made permanent
at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, the airport could
have to buy more houses.

A 92 percent growth in overnight air traffic is the reason for the new
procedures, which are currently being tested.

The airport has spent $132.5 million since 1990 to buy, soundproof or
provide purchase assistance for 1,108 homes.

An initial study by the airport examined the impact of a test of new
nighttime procedures conducted from January through March by the Federal
Aviation Administration.

The study showed that the noisiest areas around the airport expanded to the
north and south and contracted from the west under the new procedures.

The result: 28 houses are in the area that would require buyouts or
soundproofing in Northern Kentucky, primarily along River Road to the north
and Ky. 18 to the south.

The FAA conducted a second, 90-day test this year. Yet another 60-day test
is due to be completed in mid-October.

Many residents to the north into western Hamilton County in Ohio and to the
south in Boone County have noticed a difference in noise since the tests
began. The airport reports a rise in calls to its complaint line during the
period.

Ken Ralenkotter of Union says daytime noise has gotten better with planes
following designated flight paths along Interstate 75 more closely.

But he says it has gotten louder at night.

"I've noticed in the last month that I'll be laying in bed at 3-4 a.m. and
all of a sudden, I'll hear this big blast that I've never heard before,"
Ralenkotter said. "And I can tell that they are using the south runway when
they hadn't before, and these are the freighters that are older and louder.

"That's not a good combination for a good night's sleep."

The tests do two main things:

.. Move from 11 p.m. to 10 p.m. the "curfew" when certain procedures are
required to begin.

.. Change the order of preference for takeoff and landing directions. Under
normal circumstances, planes take off to the west toward less-populated
areas of western Boone County, since the west runway is the first priority
late at night. But the new tests allow the use of the two north-south
runways more often.

The original procedures were created primarily because of a 1991 legal
agreement signed between the airport and two parties (Delhi Township and the
Sisters of Charity) just before the airport's newest runway opened. The deal
calls for the airport to limit noise in Delhi Township.

But air traffic controllers are having problems coping with the 92 percent
increase in flights between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. at the airport in the last
four years.

In addition, about 30 Comair flights arrive or depart between 10 and 11
p.m., and the FAA has cited that as one reason for delaying the start of the
curfew. In addition, the first batch of incoming late-night freight flights,
primarily for DHL Worldwide Express, starts about midnight. DHL has about 48
departures each night locally.

DHL runs its main domestic hub at the airport, where it recently built a new
sorting facility. It could be looking to expand because of a merger with
Airborne Express. In addition, smaller freight carriers and flights carrying
checks between banks are using the airport more frequently.

Overall, the number of flights between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. has gone from 178
a day in 1999 to 343 this year, according to previously released FAA
documents.

"We give a weight of 10 times a nighttime flight to a daytime flight when it
comes to noise, so that's why we're seeing this," said Barb Schempf, the
airport's noise mitigation and government relations manager. "But these are
very preliminary, and we're not even sure if they are completely accurate."

That's because the airport's test, originally scheduled for 60 days, was
extended another 30 days when bad weather caused some runways to be shut
down during the test period.

FAA officials declined comment on the tests. They also would not say how
long the tests would continue or if the changes in procedures would become
permanent.

Airport and FAA officials have previously said they expect them to continue
into at least early 2004. A final decision on which new procedures would be
used, if any, has yet to be made. That means it's unclear how many more
houses would have to be bought or soundproofed.

The airport is planning to redo its permanent noise study beginning next
month, which could mean the areas that would be eligible for sound
mitigation would expand.

In presentations to area political leaders earlier this year, FAA officials
said they were having problems avoiding delays while maintaining safety
requirements due to the traffic growth.

The airport study says air traffic controllers were able to land 34 planes
an hour during the first three months of the year, compared with 28
normally.

But Linda Huesman of Green Township, who lives far from where buyouts would
be necessary, says she doesn't care about efficiency. She wants to be able
to settle in for the night at a decent hour.

"It is getting very noisy about 1 a.m.," she said . "It has definitely been
noisier later this year compared with last year. But it doesn't do any good
to complain. They're going to do whatever they want to do, and go back on
whatever they had said previously."

E-mail

Old September 29th 03, 04:39 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Bill Mulcahy" wrote:

The graphic (website) version of this newsletter can be accessed at:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter239.htm

Quote of the Week: "But it doesn't do any good to complain. They're going to
do whatever they want to do, and go back on whatever they had said
previously." resident living near commenting on 92 percent increase in
nighttime noise from Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport

What are they doing -- adding 5 or 6 night flights?

Aviation Conspiracy Newsletter
#239.........................................Septe mber 28, 2003 Past
newsletters can be accessed at:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/ACNewsmenu.htm Bill Mulcahy

Bush Backs Down On Tower Privatization Issue!!!

(snip)

F-16 Type Jet To Soon Be Available To The Public!!! If you have read these
newsletters for a while you have seen the large amount of opposition by
communities to having F-16s flying over their homes. Now it seems that there
will soon be a CIVILIAN version (pictured at right) of the military jet
available to further diminish Americans quality of life!!! When a
millionaire pilot, joyriding on the weekend, loses control of one of these
jets, I'm sure it won't just take out only one or two houses. According to
Aviation Week's website, the "Javelin," the manufacturer "intends to begin
customer deliveries another 18 months after that-once the aircraft has
obtained its FAA type approval." As the FAA's goal is to destroy every last
vestige of quiet in America, I'm sure they'll be no problem.

Just how many Javelins do we think we will ever see? A couple of dozen
at most? Bill is again resorting to bigotry and stereotyping to preach
his sophistry!

[...]

O'Hare shouldn't be given funding until Daley reopens Meigs, which his
goons closed and destroyed in the middle of the night last April!

Air Traffic Controllers Tell Bush Where To Go!!!

(snip)

California: New State Noise Law Warns Buyers: A new state law means people
selling homes near Concord's Buchanan Field will have to warn buyers that
noise from planes may annoy them. Officials say the disclosure area now
covers more than 40 percent of the city -- and some aren't happy about that.
The Contra Costa County Airport Land Use Commission likes the area covered.
The City Council is concerned about decreasing property values and wants to
limit the disclosure zone to the immediate area around the field. Editor's
Note: I couldn't find any more information on this California state noise
law. If anyone knows more about it, please let me know.
http://www.nbc11.com/travelgetaways/2511206/detail.html

It is about time that the real estate sharks have to disclose potential
problems. People (using the term loosely) like Bill and Webbie need to
know these things before they buy a house at the end of a runway and
then whine about noise!

(snip)
Old September 30th 03, 03:15 AM
Allan9

I don't recall privatization being an issue in 1981
Al

"

Old October 1st 03, 05:39 AM
Tom Mosher

"Bill Mulcahy" wrote in message ...
The graphic (website) version of this newsletter can be accessed at:

F-16 Type Jet To Soon Be Available To The Public!!! If you have read these
newsletters for a while you have seen the large amount of opposition by
communities to having F-16s flying over their homes. Now it seems that there
will soon be a CIVILIAN version (pictured at right) of the military jet
available to further diminish Americans quality of life!!! When a
millionaire pilot, joyriding on the weekend, loses control of one of these
jets, I'm sure it won't just take out only one or two houses. According to
Aviation Week's website, the "Javelin," the manufacturer "intends to begin
customer deliveries another 18 months after that-once the aircraft has
obtained its FAA type approval." As the FAA's goal is to destroy every last
vestige of quiet in America, I'm sure they'll be no problem.

So whats the big deal? There are already over 200 L-39's currently
registered in the US. For your information, oh ignorant one, the L-39
is a turbojet powered Warsaw-pact trainer that will do 400+ knots.
When was the last time you heard of one of these crashing and killing
people on the ground in the US?

You actually think a "millionaire" can just buy a Javelin, hop in, and
go cruising through the sky?

Now considering the noise issue. The Javelin is using engines similar
to a CitationJet and will most likely have a SMALLER noise print that
the CJs (the CitationJet is one of the quietest business jets built).

Now where are you getting this "F-16 Type Jet" bull****? There is no
comparison between a Javelin and an F-16. The F-16 is supersonic
capable, the Javelin will only do 0.92 Mach. The F-16 engine produces
27,000-odd lbs of thrust, the Javelin's two engines produce only 3,000
lbs of thrust. The F-16 has an engine with an afterburner, the Javelin
does not. The F-16 weighs around 35,000 lbs, the Javelin only weighs
around 5,000 lbs (MTOW) or around 1/7th the weight of an F-16.

Your ignorance of all things aviation is truly pathetic.

Tom Mosher

American nazi pond scum, version two bushite kills bushite Naval Aviation 0 December 21st 04 11:46 PM
Hey! What fun!! Let's let them kill ourselves!!! [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 December 17th 04 10:45 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
God Honest Naval Aviation 2 July 24th 03 04:45 AM