Gliders in the Grand Canyon

Old June 6th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

Mxsmanic wrote:
How is it that I flew into Marble Canyon last year and did not enter the
SFRA?

I suppose it depends on how you define the limits of Marble Canyon. The gorge
is completely contained within the SFRA, but parts of the Grand Canyon as a
whole in the area fall outside of the SFRA (the rim areas, for example).

I flew into the airport at Marble Canyon. At no time did I enter the SFRA.
Actual pilots who fly actual airplanes into this actual airport would know
how this is done.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old June 6th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old June 7th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Richard Riley writes:

There's an old Irish saying: 'If everybody says you're drunk, you'd
better sit down.'

Another saying is that the majority is not always right.

What, you claiming to be in some sort of majority?

Cuz you're neve rright at all,

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

BDS writes:

What a strange statement from someone who thinks they would make an
"exceptionally safe" pilot.

Who are "they" in this context?

Fjukkwit

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

RomeoMike writes:

I guess you're not going to inform me. I have personally flown into
all of these that you mention, except Cliff Dwellers, which I'm not
sure even exists anymore. In any case, none of them is "down in the
canyon."

They are 2000 feet below the rim. How much further down do they have
to be in a 5000-foot canyon before they qualify as "inside" to you?

None of them is even within the Grand Canyon National Park boundary,

Neither is most of the Grand Canyon.

I will say that even some real pilots, impressed
with the scenery, have thought they were in the Grand Canyon when
flying into Marble Canyon airport, but they were not.

I will say that some people hate it when not looking something up
comes back to bite them.

BTW, I know the answer to your original question, but what's the use.

If you aren't even familiar with the SFRA, I rather doubt that you
could know the answer to my question.

I could.

But I won't tell you unlees you give me $4,287.

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

BT writes:

I believe that all of these airports are outside the SFAR protected
area and are not "down in the Canyon".

Two are inside the SFRA, two are just outside. They are all in the
canyon, which is larger than both the SFRA and the national park.

So what, you'll never fly so it doesn't matter.

Fjukkwit

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

RomeoMike writes:

Marble Canyon airport sits above the part of the Grand Canyon known
as Marble Canyon, but it's not in the Park Boundary or down in the
Canyon.

It is indeed in the canyon, which starts at Lee's Ferry.

So what, fjukkwit wannabe boi?

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

So your charts are the only ones that are right, and the
Arizona state government is wrong?

The charts are what I would use if I had to land somewhere.

Why is the State suddenly more right than the charts? Do you consult the
State before flying, or the charts?

Show me at NACO, MyAirplane, or anyplace where a current A/FD
exists that has L50.

Why is MyAirplane more reliable than an official chart?

What's it matter to yuo. The only official chart you need is the one that
gets you to your Fritos.

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default Wannabe boi drops another one.

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Marty Shapiro writes:

Not only are you a moron, you're an asshole as well. How stupid does
one have to be to think that just because a printed chart (updated
every 6 months, and at least 1 month out of date when it appears)
shows an airport that the airport is still really operational as an
airport?

It's just a strip of dirt. That's all it has ever been. You can
still land on it and take off from it, so it's operational. It
doesn't need a tower or terminal or first-class lounge to be a usable
airport.

How would you know, wannabe boi?

You've never taken off or landed in your life.

Bertie
Old June 7th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

There is a HUGE difference between a strip of dirt, and an
open, Operational field.

There are many strips of dirt that are open and operational fields.

How would you know wannabe boi?

You don't fly and never will.

Bertie