Recommendations - near FLL

Old March 5th 05, 09:42 AM
Hilton

Default Recommendations - near FLL

Hi,

I was hoping to go flying in/near Fort Lauderdale - basically a Fort
Lauderdale to Key West route-trip flight in a 172/Archer/Cutlass etc. Any
airport/FBO recommendations? I was looking at HWO, but any other airport in
the area works too.

Also, preferably an FBO where your 'checkout' lasts more than 3 months! :|

Hilton

Old March 6th 05, 03:27 AM
Capt.Doug

"Hilton" wrote in message -Any
airport/FBO recommendations? I was looking at HWO, but any other airport

in
the area works too.

PMP, FXE, FLL, OPF, HWO.... They are all about the same as pertains to
flight schools. At HWO, I've hired a couple of CFIs from Airline Training
Academy (ATA). Don't know about the school, but the CFIs are good pilots.

D.

Old March 16th 05, 06:04 AM
Hilton

Update: I went to www.nsaviation.com at HWO. Nice guys. Three 172s and a
172RG. Took a one hour checkout. Flew from HWO east to the coast, flew
south down the coast, along the keys to Key West.

It was the most amazing, absolutely gorgeous, stunning flight. The water
colors, the scenery, the islands, the weather, the beauty...

I was glad I was solo - for a time during the flight, I just sat there
absorbing the experience...

Wow!

Hilton
P.S.: The Key West tower seemed kinda stressed. The PBI tower guy was way
relaxed - very cool and friendly. Not sure why someone living in Key West
should be so stressed though. (I did HWO-PHK-PBI-(over FLL)-HWO the
following day)