Interface my Motorola RAZR phone with the airplane intercom/headset?

Old February 10th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Interface my Motorola RAZR phone with the airplane intercom/headset?

I'm not sure where to ask this question. Most headsets or
intercoms have a way to interface your cellular phone, via
the cell phone's headset jack.

However, the Motorola RAZR V3 phone doesn't have one - at least
not the typical 2.5mm type. It does have a 5-pin mini-USB jack
which can be used with a Motorola-branded ear bud headset, but
they don't appear to make an adapter (nor does Plantronics, who
makes an adapter like this for various Nokia cell phones) that
would allow a connection from a standard headset.

Does anyone know of a way to connect one of these phones to the
airplane intercom or headset?

Thanks,

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old February 12th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Mark Hansen" wrote in message
I'm not sure where to ask this question. Most headsets or
intercoms have a way to interface your cellular phone, via
the cell phone's headset jack.

However, the Motorola RAZR V3 phone doesn't have one - at least
not the typical 2.5mm type. It does have a 5-pin mini-USB jack
which can be used with a Motorola-branded ear bud headset, but
they don't appear to make an adapter (nor does Plantronics, who
makes an adapter like this for various Nokia cell phones) that
would allow a connection from a standard headset.

Does anyone know of a way to connect one of these phones to the
airplane intercom or headset?

I'm not sure if this will work: There is a device that plugs into a
non-Bluetooth phone to be able to use a Bluetooth headset. If the same
device could work the other way; connect to your RAZR phone via Bluetooth
then connect the 2.5mm plug on it to your cell phone compatible aviation
headset. See Radio Shack part number 17-966. I'm sure it's probably
available other places, EBay?