pilots refuse to fly with gun loons onboard

Old December 31st 03, 03:50 AM
MRQB

Ok, like they think a terrorist is to dumb to become an air marshal or
better yet what happens if your at 30,000' and a terrorist is on the plane
and the air marshal is an officer that trained to empty his magazine or else
be repromanded like most law enforcement officials are or the marshal is
subdued by the terrorist that came aboard the airplane with out any weapons
but his hands? Humm False Sense Of Security idd say. I know i were PIC
carrying passengers idd not let anyone aboard with a firearm especially law
enforcement that are not trained properly how to use fire arms especially
aiming them.

"nick" wrote in message
"Some flights to the US could be grounded after the airline pilots' union
called on its members not to fly with armed sky marshals on board."

"Airline pilots should not take off with marshals on board, the British
Airline Pilots' Association (Balpa) has said."

"Capt Granshaw defended pilots' right to take action and said: "Our advice
to pilots is that until adequate written and agreed assurances are

received,
flight crew should not operate flights where sky marshals are carried."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3357309.stm

Old December 31st 03, 04:10 AM
John Gaquin

"MRQB" wrote in message news:yFrIb.493

.....the air marshal is an officer that trained to empty his magazine or

else
be repromanded like most law enforcement officials are

.....idd not let anyone aboard with a firearm especially law
enforcement that are not trained properly how to use fire arms especially
aiming them.

The depth and breadth of your ignorance is truly stunning.

Old December 31st 03, 04:41 AM
Morton Davis

"MRQB" wrote in message
Ok, like they think a terrorist is to dumb to become an air marshal or
better yet what happens if your at 30,000' and a terrorist is on the plane
and the air marshal is an officer that trained to empty his magazine or

else
be repromanded like most law enforcement officials are or the marshal is
subdued by the terrorist that came aboard the airplane with out any

weapons
but his hands? Humm False Sense Of Security idd say. I know i were PIC
carrying passengers idd not let anyone aboard with a firearm especially

law
enforcement that are not trained properly how to use fire arms especially
aiming them.

The air marshalls spend many hours training how to handle situations inside
a passenger aircraft. They are extremely good shots.

-*MORT*-

Old December 31st 03, 05:37 PM
Kevin McCue

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?
If the threat is supposed to be an intercontinental flight hijacked and
crashed into Vegas enroute to LAX, Why is the Vegas airspace only closed to
GA and charters?

The alert seems to be another bunch of no common sense, knee jerk reactions

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old December 31st 03, 06:01 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather deal
with the terrorist.

Then you are a fool.

Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?

Why do you believe the DHS thinks terrorists are likely trained ATP's? How
could the terrorists become locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof
cockpit door?

Old December 31st 03, 05:57 PM
Kevin McCue

Because the DHS said they are likely trained airline pilots. They would
be behind the door because they were incontrol of the flight since take off
as the crew.

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old December 31st 03, 06:31 PM
Morton Davis

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message
Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather

deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?

Most ailiners don't have them yet.

If the threat is supposed to be an intercontinental flight hijacked

and
crashed into Vegas enroute to LAX, Why is the Vegas airspace only closed

GA and charters?

Ask Tom Ridge.

The alert seems to be another bunch of no common sense, knee jerk

reactions

Seems to be, but then, you don't have access to all the information, do you?

BTW: There's a new collision avoidance system coming that will make 9-11
type attacks harder. Won't keep them from blowing up a plane full of fuel
and raining fire on a target below though.

-*MORT*-

Old December 31st 03, 11:46 PM
Bill Funk

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:37:33 -0700, "Kevin McCue"
wrote:

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?

The only way a terrorist could get behind that locked, bullet proof
door is for someone to open it.
The British pliots (or rather, their union) seem to think that having
the pilots open that door is a really good idea.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Old January 1st 04, 03:08 PM
Scout

news
wrote:

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather

deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them

when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?

The only way a terrorist could get behind that locked, bullet proof
door is for someone to open it.
The British pliots (or rather, their union) seem to think that having
the pilots open that door is a really good idea.

Right, which is why it was managed to be opened by a couple of people armed
with nothing more than a drink cart.