Parowan # 711 reporting 6-17

Old June 18th 04, 04:54 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Parowan # 711 reporting 6-17

The contest is getting near. First practice day is 6-19, with 6-20 being the
first contest day. This is a 7 day regional. Today the ramp marked with glider
tie down spots is done. Tow planes are coming in. Two arrived today. KS with X
showed up yesterday. Extra taxiways have been put in and the FBO are all ready
to go. The last several weeks I have been here, the weather has KaBoomed
several days. With 10 to 12 kt. climbs to 180. The lift at Parowan lasts long,
with soaring still possible pass 8 pm. Several days ago we again had booming
weather with some great flights by those that are here. Today, the weather gods
gave us thunder and tonight its bad outside with thunder, lighting and winds.
This will move by us and we are looking for a great contest. Remember next year
the Sports Class Nationals will be here. More NEWS...... Charlie Spratt is
coming to CD. This is great news for all. I will keep these reports posted till
Charlie has time to post his to the SSA web site. Tomorrow, we prep and fly.
Shortly we will be racing again with new and old friends. Should have about a
dozen or so to grid tomorrow. Fly safe, Thermal tight, Soar high. # 711
reporting.