Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

Old December 27th 18, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 10:08:29 AM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Picture have accumulated time to the right of them.
Picture 21 (last one) shows 140.5hrs total.

Missed that
UH
Old December 27th 18, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 7:08:29 AM UTC-8, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Picture have accumulated time to the right of them.
Picture 21 (last one) shows 140.5hrs total.

Charlie,

I included the time to make the fixture and remove & replace instrument panel, landing gear etc.

Last time I did this was 17 years ago. If I did this again it would probably take 100 to 120 Hrs.

I would roll on 3 coats of vinyl ester surfacer and only sand once. This would save lots of sanding.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old December 27th 18, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

That's fine, just answering a question.
Your time, including the fixture etc., may help others.
I "know" Hank/UH has various fixtures for various projects from decades of repair/refinish. I know, I have been through some of those as a "shop rat".
It can be amazing when some peeps wonder "why so much time/money" for repairs or refinish.
This thread gives some idea.

Thanks for the thread, kudos to those that do repairs or refinishes. I know a few on here have been through the "skunk works" as helpers or recipients, so they have some clue.

Yes, lots of work.......
Old December 31st 18, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Mike, can you share the boat refinish system you used on your trailer top? I want to refinish mine this spring. mhutnick ate papa tango dog dot fish catching thingy
Cheers
Mike

refinishing Ventus 2cm- wing profile [email protected] Soaring 20 November 6th 11 01:15 AM
refinishing Stig Pedersen Soaring 1 November 27th 05 05:50 PM
refinishing Stig Pedersen Soaring 1 November 26th 05 10:16 PM
Second speaker in Ventus 2b/c fuselage [email protected] Soaring 3 September 14th 05 05:41 PM
REFINISHING Ventus B Soaring 32 December 3rd 03 11:14 PM