Nano Eliminated Takeoff Location

Old December 30th 18, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Nano Eliminated Takeoff Location

Took a flight yesterday and tried to upload. All of the information was on the Nano except it did not record the takeoff location and will not allow me to upload. I guess the internal GPS in the unit failed to pick up the coordinates. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob
Old December 30th 18, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

How long before the flight did you power on the Nano? Typically, it needs to be on for a few minutes before launch to establish altitude baseline and location.

Old December 30th 18, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 5:53:50 AM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Took a flight yesterday and tried to upload. All of the information was on the Nano except it did not record the takeoff location and will not allow me to upload. I guess the internal GPS in the unit failed to pick up the coordinates. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob. Did you flip the switch to ON! lol

My brother said to say this... Not really. Don't go screwing with the tow pilot!

Gary

Happy New Year...
Old December 30th 18, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 5:53:50 AM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Took a flight yesterday and tried to upload. All of the information was on the Nano except it did not record the takeoff location and will not allow me to upload. I guess the internal GPS in the unit failed to pick up the coordinates. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob

1. What do you mean "all of the information was on the Nano"? Your declaration uploaded from a PC, or the IGC file download to your computer after the flight?

2. Which Nano - original or one of the newer ones? If original, did the 3rd green LED blink, showing it was recording?

3. In NanoConfig, confirm the "start recording on power on" box is checked. What version of NanoConfig are you running? Current is 1.6.8. ( https://gliding.lxnav.com/lxdownloads/software/ )

4. Try removing the microSD card and reinserting it. If it is an older ("more experienced") microSD card, consider reformating it or replacing it.

Old December 31st 18, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 1:21:14 PM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
[...]

Dan, it is the Nano IGC with the removable card. I purchased this about one year ago from Cumulus. The entire flight was recorded, shows up from takeoff to landing but will not let me upload to OLC. Where you usually show your takeoff location there are the words in red , NO TAKEOFF LOCATION DETECTED.
You cannot pick a takeoff location as you usually must do.
I flew again yesterday, and the entire flight recorded and uploaded to OLC.
Wanted to get the Saturday flight entered, it was a good one. Thanks, Bob
Old December 31st 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Bob,

Please email the flight log to me.

Is the Nano being used in a glider or a motorglider?

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old January 3rd 19, 07:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Bob, I was having trouble getting traces with my Nano last year and discovered the unit needs to be either up on the dash or on a stalk with a clear view of the sky. When i just tucked it into one of the cockpit side pockets it wasn’t able to get an adequate gps signal and I got logs with no trace. Not sure if that’s a factor for you, but it may be something to consider. It’s worked flawlessly for me since I’ve changed the location in the glider.

Best regards,
Craig
Old January 3rd 19, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Craig, I think that was probably the problem. I had secured the unit in the same location before and never had a problem, guess it was time to show its ugly face. That is a good idea, keep the Nano in a good clear location. Thanks, Bob