Good lubricant for assembly

Old May 26th 18, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default Good lubricant for assembly

I'm trying to find a good lubricant for assembly, available in Europe. Any ideas? Currently using regular vaseline.
Old May 26th 18, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 6:34:36 AM UTC-7, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
I'm trying to find a good lubricant for assembly, available in Europe. Any ideas? Currently using regular vaseline.

I understand vaseline is not good for composite structures .
Old May 26th 18, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

http://www.millenair.nl/shop/pilot-s...bearing-grease
Old May 28th 18, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 6:34:36 AM UTC-7, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
I'm trying to find a good lubricant for assembly, available in Europe. Any ideas? Currently using regular vaseline.

I use a silicon lubricant spray, but any light oil will do.

Tom
Old May 28th 18, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 6:34:36 AM UTC-7, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
I'm trying to find a good lubricant for assembly, available in Europe. Any ideas? Currently using regular vaseline.

If the manufacturer specifies a lubricant, use it. If the manual just says something like "Use a non-cold coagulating grease" Aeroshell 33 is good stuff. Hell to get off of your clothes though.
Old May 28th 18, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

This request comes up periodically; you could search old threads for the long and very passionate responses :-)

I like Superlube, which is a synthetic grease that is very temperature stable over the range that we tend to fly sailplanes. Great for main pins and other fittings. There's also a spray lube from the same manufacturer for those drives and other fittings that call for it.

Quick check on Amazon DE shows it's available there.

P3
Old May 28th 18, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

I like Superlube, which is a synthetic grease that is very temperature stable over the range that we tend to fly sailplanes. Great for main pins and other fittings.

P3

What Papa3 said.

Lou

Old May 28th 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

What Lou said. :c)
Old May 28th 18, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What Bumper said.

Great stuff

Old May 29th 18, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Use Vaseline on your girlfriend if you can't find better stuff in an emergency situation.

For important things like your glider, Super Lube is better, although I also like Exxon/Mobil synthetic grease.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21...ase+super+lube

https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-105527-.../dp/B000LDJ3XQ