wanted to buy homebuilt 4 seater

Old May 12th 04, 10:32 PM
Brad Mallard

Default wanted to buy homebuilt 4 seater

I am looking to move up from My 1968 Cessna 150 to a four seater. I am
entertaining the idea of either building my own, or buying a completed
experimental. All input appreciated.

Brad

Old May 13th 04, 04:24 AM
Richard Lamb

Brad Mallard wrote:

I am looking to move up from My 1968 Cessna 150 to a four seater. I am
entertaining the idea of either building my own, or buying a completed
experimental. All input appreciated.

Brad

what might you want for the 150?

Richard
Old May 13th 04, 12:51 PM
Brad Mallard

It is one of the nicest I have seen with a maroon and white scheme. It was
painted before we got it, so I would call it a 9 outside and an 8 inside. It
is a very reliable little plane. I am just ready to move it up a notch. From
the best of my memory it has about 3000 TTAF, 1700 SMOH, 100 STOH. It is one
of the only 150's I have been in that everything works. It has new tires,
and has never had car gas in it. I am located at 7M7 in Piggott Arkansas. I
have pictures I can email if anyone is interested. $20,000

Old May 13th 04, 04:14 PM
JohnT.

Bearhawk! 4 place. Tube and fabric fuse, all metal wing ('cept for
control surfaces, fabric covered metal). Taildragger. Kicks butt.

Can be built from both plans or various levels of kits.

John

Old May 13th 04, 08:16 PM
Paul Lee

If you are very ambitious and good with tools then it may be fun
and instructional to build your own. But remember that majority of
homebuilt projects never finish. You can even pick up a half finished
(abandoned) project for cheap - good idea if the other guys skills
and meticulousness are better than yours, bad idea otherwise.

A carefully inspected finished homebuilt can get you flying safely soon
and inexpensively in some cases.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard (finished): http://www.abri.com/sq2000

Old May 16th 04, 02:45 AM
Holger Stephan

Brad Mallard wrote:

I am looking to move up from My 1968 Cessna 150 to a four seater. I am
entertaining the idea of either building my own, or buying a completed
experimental. All input appreciated.

You could consider a BD-4, if you can live with a tighter space for the rear
seats. See www.bd-4.org. There is also a classifieds listing if you want to
buy.

- Holger