Got My Ticket today!!!!

Old May 12th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
CareBear

Default Got My Ticket today!!!!

After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and soft
field landings, I got my ticket today. I will admit it is exciting to
finally get your ticket checking to see if it's truly mine, yep, has my
name on it.

Now that the "pressure" is off, I plan to just fly and enjoy the scenery
while continuing to learn as much as I can concerning aviation.

Total hours - 78.4
Total time - First flight 5/1306....PPL ASEL Flight 5/12/06. (Should have
waited 1 more day to make it an even year )
Total cost - $4137.00 - this includes everything - instructor, fuel, books,
sectionals, etc.

My plan is to forge on and get Instrument Rated.

Thanks to all those who gave me moral support when I failed the first time.
--
CareBear

Old May 12th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose

Congratulations!

Total time - First flight 5/1306....PPL ASEL Flight 5/12/06. (Should have
waited 1 more day to make it an even year )

It was exactly one year. Had you waited a day, it would have been a
year and a day.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.

Old May 12th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
CareBear

Jose you are correct. I was looking at the 2 dates.

Thanks,

--
CareBear
"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
Congratulations!

Old May 12th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark Hansen

On 05/12/07 12:07, CareBear wrote:
After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and soft
field landings, I got my ticket today. I will admit it is exciting to
finally get your ticket checking to see if it's truly mine, yep, has my
name on it.

Congratulations, CB!

Now that the "pressure" is off, I plan to just fly and enjoy the scenery
while continuing to learn as much as I can concerning aviation.

That's a really good plan. Get out there and fly, as often as you can.

Total hours - 78.4
Total time - First flight 5/1306....PPL ASEL Flight 5/12/06. (Should have
waited 1 more day to make it an even year )
Total cost - $4137.00 - this includes everything - instructor, fuel, books,
sectionals, etc.

That's pretty cheap. I think I estimated that it ran me something like $7500
or so...

My plan is to forge on and get Instrument Rated.

Thanks to all those who gave me moral support when I failed the first time.

Well, you never really failed, did you? You just didn't pass until today ;-)

Best of luck on the IR. I had a lot of fun getting mine.

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Old May 12th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
kontiki

CareBear wrote:

My plan is to forge on and get Instrument Rated.

Good plan. There is never a better time to start on that then now
because you are at the peak of your training and confidence level.

Thanks to all those who gave me moral support when I failed the first time.

Oh and Congratulations! You have just accomplished what a very
small percentage of people in the world have done. Do some flying
now to enjoy your success... but try and make them cross countries
because you need 50 hours for the Instrument rating!

All the best and keep the greasy side down.

Old May 12th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:07:47 -0500, "CareBear"
wrote:

After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and soft
field landings, I got my ticket today.

Excellent!

Enjoy the freedom!
Old May 12th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Vaughn Simon

"CareBear" wrote in message
After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and soft
field landings, I got my ticket today.

Way to go! Now we get to teach you the secret "licensed pilot" handshake.

Welcome to the club.

Vaughn

Old May 12th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
H. Adam Stevens

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"CareBear" wrote in message
After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and
soft field landings, I got my ticket today.

Way to go! Now we get to teach you the secret "licensed pilot"
handshake.

Welcome to the club.

Vaughn

Yeah
What Vaughn said.
Got mine 7/9/67.
What handshake?
;*)

Old May 13th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dallas

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:07:47 -0500, CareBear wrote:

Whoa!... Way to go! Congratulations

Total hours - 78.4
Total cost - $4137.00 - this includes everything - instructor, fuel, books,

I've got to assume you own the aircraft?

--
Dallas

WTB: 135 Ticket AML General Aviation 2 May 30th 06 03:10 PM
WTB: 135 Ticket AML Piloting 28 May 26th 06 04:10 PM
WTB:135 Ticket AML Owning 1 May 24th 06 08:41 PM
WTB: 135 Ticket AML Aviation Marketplace 1 May 24th 06 03:32 PM
Got my ticket... now what? Cub Driver Piloting 3 July 10th 03 07:14 AM