Right seat in the Tri-Motor

Old September 17th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

Default Right seat in the Tri-Motor

Got to fly right seat in the EAA's Ford Tri-Motor this afternoon. Quite an
experience.

It's such a low speed, high lift aircraft, it seems to literally leap into
air with 10 to 15 kts down the runway. It felt like I was flying an 11 seat,
1350 hp ultralight.

It's certainly the most unusual endorsement in my log book. Thought I would
mention it, and see what some of the favorite log book entries were among
the
group. What is your personal favorite?

FYI:
http://www.airventuremuseum.org/coll...0Tri-Motor.asp

Old September 19th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

From: "Maxwell"

It's certainly the most unusual endorsement in my log book. Thought I
would
mention it, and see what some of the favorite log book entries were among
the
group. What is your personal favorite?

That's easy.........It was the day I made the first flight in a newly
built
Glasair III. 8/10 of an hour of pure cool.
For the next two weeks I went around telling anyone who would stand still
long enough to listen that I was a "TEST PILOT".

Easy to understand. I don't think I would have brought it back!!

Right seat in the Tri-Motor Maxwell Piloting 4 September 17th 07 05:08 PM
Need help with a rocket motor ID Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 72 February 10th 07 07:39 AM
electric motor? solarsell Home Built 13 January 12th 07 12:03 AM
two seat motor gliders, feedback. John Firth Soaring 6 March 2nd 05 03:45 AM
FIRST MOTOR GLIDER ? Vorsanger1 Soaring 3 March 31st 04 06:03 AM