Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Old March 10th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

wrote:
On Mar 9, 1:36 pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Am I missing something? Isn't this a bit off the safety charts?

Try Twin Oaks airport near San Antonio.
http://www.fboweb.com/fb40/airport/T94.html

It's not unsafe if you are careful.

I hear there are still plenty of lots for sale at Zuehl too.

Old March 10th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Mar 9, 2:36*pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
This got me thinking, a rudderless Ercoupe in a multi-directional wind
landing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2NJFrvYls

Do you (I) really want a home that close to a GA landing strip? Yet I see
megabuck homes in my neck of the woods

http://www.visualtour.com/shownp.asp?prt=85&t=1217861

http://preview.tinyurl.com/39avgz* Use satellite mode

Am I missing something? Isn't this a bit off the safety charts?
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!

If that bothers you don't think of landing at some of our back country
strips out here in the west. You would have a heart attack at most of
them trying to thread the needle of trees, cliffs, creeks, stumps,
critters, etc.......

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com
N801BH

Old March 10th 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Don Lewis wrote:
Hey guy, where are you living now???

Dallas for the last couple of years.
Old March 11th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:35:47 GMT, Vaughn Simon wrote:

"WJRFlyBoy" wrote in message
This got me thinking, a rudderless Ercoupe in a multi-directional wind
landing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2NJFrvYls

It was just a landing. I saw nothing remarkable beyond a bit of float and
perhaps a tiny bit long.

I missed making my point. It was the nearness of the houses (aircraft
irregardless). Sorry.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:47:22 -0700 (PDT), BobR wrote:

Why do you feel it is off the safety charts? I don't see any issue
with safety beyond any neighborhood anywhere else. You are not
missing anything but may be immagining thing that don't exist.

What percentage of landings happen off the airstrip? That % of landings
could find you in someone's living room.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:53:37 -0500, Highflyer wrote:

There are airparks and airparks. Some have adequate width runways and
taxiways. I have also landed at some that made me feel like I was attacking
Darth Vader with an X-wing. I landed at one where I had about twenty feet
clearance for my wingtips while descending into the canyon made by
encroaching hangars and homes! I was NOT comfortable. I came there from
another airpark with a 22 foot wide runway, where I felt perfectly
comfortable, even in a brisk crosswind because they kept the homes and
hangars well back from the runway.

Highflyer

This is my point, not picking particular, well, I guess I am, on the
Captiva folks but this looks awful slim widthwise.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 23:05:59 -0500, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

I DO live on a residential airpark (We have about 600 planes) and it is
GREAT! The most noise comes from the yard maintenance people.

Today we had our annual Wings and Wheels event, with many formation
flybys, including 2 P-51 Mustangs, 3 SX-300s and many others.

See:
eaa288.org
http://www.sprucecreekowners.com/
http://www.scpoa.com/
http://fly-in.com/

Very nice, this is a different airpark animal. Homes aren't sitting on the
runway, nice tarmac, what's with the lake on approach?
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:31:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

If that bothers you don't think of landing at some of our back country
strips out here in the west. You would have a heart attack at most of
them trying to thread the needle of trees, cliffs, creeks, stumps,
critters, etc.......

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com
N801BH

It's a little different when you miss a landing a kill a few pines v.s. the
neighbor's kids.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:57:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Try Twin Oaks airport near San Antonio.
http://www.fboweb.com/fb40/airport/T94.html

It's not unsafe if you are careful.

That's what they told Aryton Senna.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? WJRFlyBoy Piloting 257 March 28th 08 02:26 PM
Airparks... .Blueskies. Owning 9 May 8th 06 04:14 PM
Airparks and clubs around Phoenix AZ ? gilan Home Built 3 March 9th 06 02:07 PM
Airparks near Austin TX TIm Gilbert Owning 14 October 3rd 05 03:18 PM
A New, New Direction for a Beaten Dead Horse Shawn Soaring 0 February 25th 05 02:57 PM