Airport and Airport 1975

Old April 20th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Airport and Airport 1975

Scott Skylane wrote:
Dylan Smith wrote:
...indeed, the NTSB report is here
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X29141&key=2

Man, speaking about contractions and abbreviations, what the *heck* is
up with that NTSB report????

Now we know where text-messaging abbreviations originated. ;-)
Old April 20th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Dave J writes:

It's bad form to follow up one's own post, but I thought I would
mention that the first film (Airport) ends with a PAR approach. It
might be worth it to rent and fast-forward just to see that. I've
practiced one in my life with a very bored controller at Travis AFB,
if I remember correctly, but it went like the movie, except the
controller gave me relative turns (left 5 degree, right 5 degrees)
not bearings (left to 285) like in the movie.

I've never figured out why the pilots ask for a PAR approach in that
movie.

Because you're an idiot, that's why.

Bertie
Old April 21st 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

On 2007-04-19, Dave J wrote:

The second movie, where a Baron hits the cockpit of a 747 and the

In a flash of cruel irony, if I remember right, the Baron used in that
film really did end up crashing in a mid air collision a few years
later....

...indeed, the NTSB report is here
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X29141&key=2

Man, speaking about contractions and abbreviations, what the *heck* is up
with that NTSB report????

SOTA 1989?

New Airport Robert M. Gary Piloting 1 October 21st 05 07:19 AM
Kid day at the airport... Jay Honeck Piloting 92 September 20th 05 04:42 AM
Anyone have an airport diagram for Toronto Center City airport? Peter R. Piloting 10 November 19th 04 01:26 AM
Most Fun Airport Charles Talleyrand Piloting 34 June 10th 04 05:38 AM
Airport Radial/Distance/Fix on Jepp Airport Chart Dave Johnson Instrument Flight Rules 9 May 2nd 04 11:03 PM