Oh dear, someone is *still* using this tired old non-story

Old July 24th 03, 04:02 PM
Dave Pearson

Default Oh dear, someone is *still* using this tired old non-story

URL:http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/07/23/flightsim_terrorism/index_np.html
And just in time for another new release of MSFS. Presumably this will be a
regular feature from now on? sigh

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 24th 03, 08:01 PM
Dan Husk

Dave, You think all us "Flight-Simmers" are on a potential terroist list
somewhere? Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with a renegade 777 !!!
;-))

Blue Skies,
Danny

"Dave Pearson" wrote in message
.. .

URL:http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/20...rrorism/index_

Old July 25th 03, 09:31 AM
Dave Pearson

[Warning: Quotes rearranged]

* Dan Husk :

"Dave Pearson" wrote in message
.. .

URL:http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/07/23/flightsim_terrorism/index_np.html
And just in time for another new release of MSFS. Presumably this will be a
regular feature from now on? sigh

Dave, You think all us "Flight-Simmers" are on a potential terroist list
somewhere? Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with a renegade 777 !!!
;-))

HeHe. Seriously though, no, I doubt we're all on a list somewhere (ok, we
probably all are on *some* list *somewhere*). What interested me is that,
getting on for two years ago we were due a new release of MSFS and then
certain events happened. There was much (in the UK at least) media
speculation about the connection between the New York and Washington attacks
and commodity flight simulation. The speculation generally appearing to be
baseless (in the UK at least if you can blame something on computers, the
internet and/or geeks then you're onto a winning story).

What I found interesting is that, coincidently(?), here we are getting ready
for a new release of MSFS and such a story crops up again. Is someone
desperate for a story?

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 24th 03, 10:06 PM
Poul Haig

The B767, B777 and B737 CBT(Computer Based Traning) interactive
manuals/course with real simulations of cockpit operations and procedures,
can be downloaded from P2P networks, or bought online.

http://cpat.com/B767.htm
"This program is used by Hawaiian Airlines, and Aeris Airlines."
http://cpat.com
"CPaT is Trusted and Used at over 39 airlines and training organizations"

http://www.aeronett.com/files/b767/b767.html
"Developed in conjunction with Canadian Airlines International"

http://www.wicat.com/flight/training...et/a320fct.htm
"Airbus A320 Flight Crew Training is a Windows-based computer-based training (CBT)
course that trains flight crews in the operation of the Airbus A320 aircraft"

My point is, if Microsoft Flight simulator is to blame for anything

other than being a good computer game, the above product is properly more

likely to be the terrorists first choice.

maybe aircraft manuals should be label Top Secret :-)

Ph.

Old July 24th 03, 10:14 PM
Poul Haig

I dont know what happent to my last post, ending tekst..

My point is, Microsoft Flight simulator is not to blame for anything
other than being a good computer game, the above product is properly more
likely to be the terrorists first choice.

The hole issue/link Microsoft Flightsimulator= terrorist traning tool
is crap.

Ph.

Old July 25th 03, 11:42 PM
Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo

Dave Pearson wrote:
URL:http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/07/23/flightsim_terrorism/index_np.html
And just in time for another new release of MSFS. Presumably this will be a
regular feature from now on? sigh

Hopefully not. I believe 'Josh' has been watching far too many nostalgic
re-runs of Bro' Serling's "Twilight Zone" coupled with, dare I say it,
and per his piece, a bit more 'Gordon's' than that of the accompanying
tonic chaser. Let's just say that the piece could be equated with that
rather poor paste gig of Osama sticking out the right seat window!

Doc Tony