Have you ever experienced carb ice with an injector carb?

Old January 30th 05, 11:35 PM
flybynightkarmarepair

Default Have you ever experienced carb ice with an injector carb?

This is a cross-post from the AeroVee and AirVW Yahoo groups.

Injector carbs of interest:

AeroCarb
POSA
HAPI SuperCarb
Lake
RevFlow
Ellison

I have found one builder who describes a case of a Sonerai with a POSA
that liked to ice up in Texas.

http://escribe.com/aviation/vw/m4920.html

Several others have responded with considerable experience and NO ice.

Anybody else out there?

--- In , jl jeff@s... wrote:
Lets do it this way.

Anyone who has had a complete engine failure due to carb or intake ice
with a THROTTLE BODY CARB, say so now.

Jeff

Old January 31st 05, 02:48 AM
Ron Webb

I've got an Ellison throttle body on a modified O-360 lyc that is really
touchy. It will cut out suddenly on take off, about 90 seconds after full
power is applied if the weather is right.

A bad feeling to be left with the noise generator not generating. Nice and
quiet though. Cycle the throttle to scrape the ice off the bar and it comes
right back.

I'm re-working the carb heat box this winter.

oups.com...

--- In , jl jeff@s... wrote:
[...]

WANTED ROTAX 912 CARB SYNCHRONIZATION KIT kksksk Home Built 0 November 15th 04 10:43 PM
Carb heat specs? Rich S. Home Built 2 November 13th 04 05:39 PM
alternate carb heat Ray Toews Home Built 16 October 29th 04 12:41 PM
POSA Carb Page updated Ryan Young Home Built 0 August 29th 04 08:49 PM
Carb Temperature Gauge fly_the_skies Home Built 6 January 14th 04 04:32 PM