Dynon EFIS D-10 Magnetic heading

Old November 9th 04, 06:22 AM
Paul Lee

Default Dynon EFIS D-10 Magnetic heading

How many of you had success with setting Dynons D-10 magnetic heading?
And are you using the external magnetometer?

With the internal magnetometer Dynon uses some very complicated math
to compensate for the magnetic dip, etc. Apparently the internal unit
does not work wery well and there is an optional external magnetometer
unit that works better. I really don't like to spend the extra money
and more weight in light of initial claims.

But there is really a simple solution I wish they would implement.
I sent an email some time ago reqesting they put in
simple DG emulation. I don't mind resetting it each time I start
and it would be much more accurate than the + - 2 to 5 degrees they
get with current setup. But apparently they do not want to
have such non sophisticated solutions.

If you have a D-10, how about contacting Dynon and requesting
they update the software to include simple DG emulation?

SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000
Old November 11th 04, 02:43 PM
R&R Sherwood

On the first flight, mine was off by about 140 degrees. After using the
laptop for ground and flight corrections it was about 4 degrees off. I
then used the compass adjustment on the Dynon menu for final corrections.
Seems withinone or one or two degrees. I have the internal magnetometer
only.

I can't complain......on VFR days, without an auto pilot, I have trouble
holding headings closer than 20 degrees in any airplane.

Russell Sherwood
Houston, TX

om...

Old November 13th 04, 10:00 PM
Blad Derr

"R&R Sherwood" wrote in message
I can't complain......on VFR days, without an auto pilot, I have trouble
holding headings closer than 20 degrees in any airplane.

Russell Sherwood
Houston, TX

I'm surprised you can pass the bi-annual or land the airplane.

Blad Derr

Old November 15th 04, 08:41 PM
R&R Sherwood

I can't complain......on VFR days, without an auto pilot, I have trouble
holding headings closer than 20 degrees in any airplane.
Russell Sherwood
Houston, TX

I'm surprised you can pass the bi-annual or land the airplane.
Blad Derr

We are both surprised Blad....
I only have a little over 2600 hours in Decathlons, Stearmans, Pawnees, RV'
s, your garden variety "C" and "P" planes, Glasairs, Barons, C-421 plus a
little glider time. I have found that, on a good VFR day, I like to look
out the window and enjoy the view.
Must be my good looks that gets me past the bi-annual.
Russell