Looking for an LS-4

Old February 25th 05, 07:58 PM

Default Looking for an LS-4

Looking for an LS-4...maybe an LS-4B? I am located in Southern
California...

Old February 25th 05, 08:04 PM

When did you lose it?

Old February 26th 05, 02:20 AM
BTIZ

I've never heard of the LS-4 B model... We have an LS-4.. not for sale.. and
the Soaring guide shows an LS-4a... but no "B".. care to enlighten us?

BT

oups.com...

Old February 26th 05, 02:27 AM
Tony Verhulst

BTIZ wrote:
I've never heard of the LS-4 B model... We have an LS-4.. not for sale.. and
the Soaring guide shows an LS-4a... but no "B".. care to enlighten us?

straight from Google: http://www.solairecanada.com/ls4b.htm

Tony V
Old February 26th 05, 06:01 AM

Tony Verhulst wrote:
BTIZ wrote:
I've never heard of the LS-4 B model... We have an LS-4.. not for

sale.. and
the Soaring guide shows an LS-4a... but no "B".. care to enlighten

us?

straight from Google: http://www.solairecanada.com/ls4b.htm

Tony V

Good luck finding one as I think there is only two in the whole
country.
If you want a LS 4 the best you can do is a 4a and if that rings your
bell
let me know as I have a nice one for sale right now.

Fred

Old February 26th 05, 06:34 AM
BTIZ

Thanx Tony.. most interesting.. in production since 1981 and the 1997
Soaring Directory (SSA) makes no mention of it. Maybe because as another
poster said? there are only one or two in the US? Looks like they
"modernized" the 4 or 4a with autoconnect controls, instrument panel tilts
with the canopy etc... and a couple of other safety features.

I know I like our LS4

BT

Old February 26th 05, 07:57 AM
Steven Huiskes

Hi guys,

I'm steven huiskes. our glidingclub owns an ls4b. the ls4b provides
more space for the pilot. I think it is a great plane. it fly's very
simple.

Kind regards, Steven Huiskes

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:05:13 +0000, Glider Pilot Network
Newsgroup: rec.aviation.soaring
Subject: Looking for an LS-4
Author: Btiz
Date/Time: 07:00 26 February 2005

http://redirect.banners.gliderpilot.net/?id=21

Old February 26th 05, 01:09 PM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

See the DG website for the LS-4B Flight Manual
http://212.8.200.175/~techdg/LS/hb/e...ightManual.pdf .

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

Old February 26th 05, 02:31 PM
Stefan

BTIZ wrote:

I've never heard of the LS-4 B model... We have an LS-4.. not for sale.. and
the Soaring guide shows an LS-4a... but no "B".. care to enlighten us?

My club has three of them. If I'm not mistaken, the main difference to
the "a" model are the authomatic aileron hookups. Very easy and fast to
rig, besides the safety factor. Another difference may be the instrument
panel which lifts with the canopy. I think to remember this wasn't so
with the "a" model, either.

Of the 1000 or so built LS4s, the last 200 or so were built as "b".

Stefan
Old February 26th 05, 07:13 PM
Tony Verhulst

I've never heard of the LS-4 B model... We have an LS-4.. not for

Good luck finding one as I think there is only two in the whole
country.

We had 2 privately owned 4b's at GBSC. One was destroyed in an
unfortunate accident (pilot recovered fully) about a year and a half
ago. The owner of the remaining 4b says that he's been offered more
money for his used ship than what he paid for it (new) - presumably due
to the weak US dollar. A sweet glider.

Tony V. LS6-b "6N"
http://www.soargbsc.com