Pilot Withdrawl and Miscellaneous Ramblings

Old January 16th 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pilot Withdrawl and Miscellaneous Ramblings

Gee, it's only been a week and I'm going thru withdrawl again. Didnt
help that it was "clear anna million" in NE OH from about 10 AM on
today. Temp -3C, dpt -7C. Clearest day I've seen in many months.

And I had to work at 2 PM....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife has never been up with me when it was much more than 6SM
vis...she kids me she doesnt believe it can get any better
She did get a new Flitecom Denali for Christmas...and she's quite
happy with it.

Thursday, my wife and I BOTH have the day off and the WX looks
promising...

Two of our friends were married last fall. Our present to them is an
offer of a flight and a nice dinner. Plan is to rent a 182, fly them
them from Cleveland (LPR or BKL) to Muncie IN or Venango PA.
Tried once, but canx due to wx. Neither of them have been in a small
plane before...but they are excited and they trust me (still not sure
why...) I'm thinking we'll try a short flight first just to make
sure they are OK with it. Port Clinton PCW is about 35NM from LPR
and has nice places to eat. Enroute to PCW, we fly past the Lake Erie
Islands and Cedar Point, one of the "biggest" Amusement parks...always
cool!

Keep flyin!

--Don
Don Byrer
Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy
Amateur Radio KJ5KB
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
Old January 16th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Gee, it's only been a week and I'm going thru withdrawal again.

Don't worry -- this is entirely normal for a true addict.

Just ask Mary what I'm like, if I don't get my aviation "fix" at least
weekly...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 16th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Don,

I've been in and out of Port Clinton, but I didn't know there was food
available there. Is there a restaurant on the field, or do you need to
get a car? I'm based in Toledo so I probably get to a lot of the same
airports as you do.

Sandusky, Mansfield, Akron, Bluffton, and Jackson MI are my local $100
burger stops. It would be great to add another one.

Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/index.html

Old January 17th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Pilot Withdrawl? Must be from 'round these parts!
--
Cheers,
John Clonts

Old January 17th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

offer of a flight and a nice dinner. Plan is to rent a 182, fly them
them from Cleveland (LPR or BKL) to Muncie IN or Venango PA.

Been to Muncie, what is in Venango PA? (Also, what is the identifier?)
Old January 17th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article .com,
"Eric Bartsch" wrote:

Don,

I've been in and out of Port Clinton, but I didn't know there was food
available there. Is there a restaurant on the field, or do you need to
get a car? I'm based in Toledo so I probably get to a lot of the same
airports as you do.

Sandusky, Mansfield, Akron, Bluffton, and Jackson MI are my local $100
burger stops. It would be great to add another one.

Akron has the white tablecloth Italian restaurant, can't remember the
name. Park the airplane right in front, walk through the gate, open the
door and you are there.
Old January 18th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

At PCW, there are several restaurants in town that will come pick you
up. I've been to Nate's twice.

FYI Muncie IN has a nice restaurant on field, too.

Now if I could just find a way to get to Loma Linda's from TOL...
We try to stop there when driving thru.

On last check, the one at Akron AKR was closed, now a medical
bldg...yeesh. Bluffton closed also...

MFD is a fun lunch stop...almost 'too close' to LPR, tho

--Don

On 16 Jan 2006 15:05:21 -0800, "Eric Bartsch"
wrote:

Don,

I've been in and out of Port Clinton, but I didn't know there was food
available there. Is there a restaurant on the field, or do you need to
get a car? I'm based in Toledo so I probably get to a lot of the same
airports as you do.

Sandusky, Mansfield, Akron, Bluffton, and Jackson MI are my local $100
burger stops. It would be great to add another one.

Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/index.html

Don Byrer
Commercial Pilot / CFI Student
Electronics Technician, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE
Amateur Radio KJ5KB

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"I know what it sounds like....when doves cry"
Old January 18th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:18:25 GMT, john smith wrote:

offer of a flight and a nice dinner. Plan is to rent a 182, fly them
them from Cleveland (LPR or BKL) to Muncie IN or Venango PA.

Been to Muncie, what is in Venango PA? (Also, what is the identifier?)

Venango/Franklin PA is FKL. Italian/Ameriacan rest.

They do have a few commuter planes there...watch for the marked
'secure' area on the ramp.

Old January 18th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I don't wanna hear about it. I haven't flown since last April and
probably will not get a chance to fly before 2007.

Old January 18th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I don't wanna hear about it. I haven't flown since last April and
probably will not get a chance to fly before 2007.

Dang, CJ! It's a wonder you can put three civil words together.

Is there no place to rent?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA