RIP J.F.Kennedy

Old January 2nd 05, 01:29 PM

Default RIP J.F.Kennedy

Wasn't John F. Kennedy scheduled to replace Kitty Hawk at Yokosuka
from 2008?

Regards,

Per Nordenberg

Some time ago in the Polish press I've come across a news that the
U.S. is seriously considering reducing their military presence in
Japan, shifting their units to more far-away places like Okinawa (so,
is re-basing of the whole CVW-5 from NAF Atsugi to MCAS Iwakuni
possible in the future?)...

I know nothing about any available ports for a carrier farther from
Japan. Anyhow, it seems the Japanese may finally accept the presence
of a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in one of their ports.

Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo
Old January 2nd 05, 08:35 PM
Jack Linthicum

But what about the monkey meat salesmen?

Old January 3rd 05, 07:05 PM
Jack Love

On 2 Jan 2005 12:35:44 -0800, "Jack Linthicum"
wrote:

But what about the monkey meat salesmen?

In spite of all of your previous silliness you've not even come close
to my killfile. However, your new policy of making random comments
into the void is getting close.
Old January 3rd 05, 07:21 PM
Jack Linthicum

Tiger Jan 2, 12:24 pm

Newsgroups: sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
From: Tiger - Find messages by this author
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:24:37 GMT
Subject: RIP J.F.Kennedy

Wasn't John F. Kennedy scheduled to replace Kitty Hawk at Yokosuka

from 2008?

Regards,

Per Nordenberg

Some time ago in the Polish press I've come across a news that the
U.S. is seriously considering reducing their military presence in
Japan, shifting their units to more far-away places like Okinawa (so,
is re-basing of the whole CVW-5 from NAF Atsugi to MCAS Iwakuni
possible in the future?)...

I know nothing about any available ports for a carrier farther from
Japan. Anyhow, it seems the Japanese may finally accept the presence
of a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in one of their ports.

Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo

The last thing the folks on Okinawa want is more US forces. They bearly

tolerate us now........ :-(
If anything we seem to be improving facilties at Guam. And who knows
maybe we will kiss & make up with the Philppines and make the
bartenders
outside of Subic happy again?
"Hey we love love you long time." ;-)

Jack Linthicum Jan 2, 12:35 pm show options

Newsgroups: sci.military.naval, rec.aviation.military.naval
From: "Jack Linthicum" - Find messages by
this author
Date: 2 Jan 2005 12:35:44 -0800

But what about the monkey meat salesmen?

I would guess that you and some of your horts are not seeing that these
posts are replies to others, it's not about you, so live with it or
learn to see what is being responded to. Put me in your killfile if you
wish, ducking the issue is your style when you can't come up with one
of your 'imaginary' references.

Old January 13th 05, 02:28 PM
Pechs1

Jacek- I know nothing about any available ports for a carrier farther from
Japan. Anyhow, it seems the Japanese may finally accept the presence
of a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in one of their ports. BRBR

I say-as a member of the 'overseas family separation program', onboard Midway
from 1980-1983, seems like considering the present state of affairs, it is high
time for Japan to step up to the plate and pay for their own defense.

I say ditto for lots of US military presence in Europe.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old January 20th 05, 06:34 PM
sfb

The Japanese objection to nuclear powered warships has to be historical
and political and may someday be overcome since there is nuclear powered
electrical generation in Japan.

"Paul Elliot" wrote in message news:hgQHd.13444

Actually, the Kennedy is conventionally powered, not a nuke, so the
Japanese should be happy.....

Paul E.

Old January 21st 05, 02:16 AM

sfb wrote:
The Japanese objection to nuclear powered warships has to be

historical
and political and may someday be overcome since there is nuclear

powered
electrical generation in Japan.

But, nobody really why the US says that.
Since historically Japanese technology has been
designed only for one purpose really, to best
Chinese technology. And for the most
part their navy and the western navies
have never clashed. Since the US navy
needs constant reminding that is was the
Japanese army, not their navy or air force,
that attacked Hawaii.