What to get your CFI?

Old November 30th 04, 03:45 PM
Clay

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:GhUqd.158708$bk1.17426@fed1read05...
get him a gift certificate to a local restaurant..

the CFII/MEI, I used was a wine aficionado.. so I had a friend who is also a
wine expert with connections get me a nice import for him..

BT

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Money works for me. Perhaps you could buy him some time in the plane
for himself. Since he is married, you could always give him a ham or
some steaks.
Continue on with your instrument rating, after your privite, and use
this instructor. Let everyone know how great he is and recruit new
students for him. I have had many former students let me know how much
they enjoy flying and this is thanks enough for me. Who am I kidding,
I still like cash. lol
Merry Christmas
Old November 30th 04, 03:50 PM
Ash Wyllie

Slick opined

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

From what I have seen of CFIs, food is a good place to start.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?

Old November 30th 04, 04:24 PM
Robert M. Gary

tony roberts wrote in message news:nospam-375F51.19212429112004@shawnews...
If it is just the CFI, tickets to a concert go down well.
In my own case, many people in the flight school had helped me, so I had
a caterer take everyone lunch with a card of thanks.

Tony

Tony, its probably easier for you, being a successful motivational
speaker and all.

-Robert
Old November 30th 04, 05:55 PM
C Kingsbury

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

A good friend of mine once said that the two best gifts in the world were
cash and liquor. You never heard of anyone returning a bottle of scotch and
cash always goes well with the way they decorate their living room.

-cwk.

Old November 30th 04, 06:38 PM
Peter Duniho

I just have to ask...

"Clay" wrote in message
m...
[...] Since he is married, you could always give him a ham or
some steaks.

I'm married. What is it about the fact that I'm married that makes "ham or
some steaks" a particularly suitable Christmas gift for me?

Old November 30th 04, 08:28 PM
zatatime

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:38:55 -0800, "Peter Duniho"
wrote:

I just have to ask...

"Clay" wrote in message
om...
[...] Since he is married, you could always give him a ham or
some steaks.

I'm married. What is it about the fact that I'm married that makes "ham or
some steaks" a particularly suitable Christmas gift for me?

Because I don't think you'd be interested in loose women, and the OP
is underage for purchasing alcohol.

I think this was a response after my wise crack.

HTH
Old November 30th 04, 08:35 PM
C J Campbell

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

A nice photo is always appreciated, as is lunch or dinner.

Old November 30th 04, 10:51 PM
Jim Burns

Happily married means that she won't mind another woman in the bedroom!
Not many of us are THAT happily married!

"Slick" wrote in message ...
Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to buy the booze, and he's happily
married.
"zatatime" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:20:21 -0500, "Slick"
wrote:

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of

any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Booze and/or loose women. Makes 'em happy every time!

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

---

Old November 30th 04, 10:53 PM
Jim Burns

Ohhh man did I see that coming!! )

Well, if you live anywhere near Iowa, I know a certain aviation

theme-suites
hotel that happens to sell gift certificates...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

---

Old December 1st 04, 01:57 AM
Blueskies

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

I've still got the old pen desk set that a student gave me years ago...