Anschau gas struts

Old April 2nd 15, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anschau gas struts

Does anyone knows the specs of the gas struts of a Anschau Komet III?
Glass fiber top.

No values on those struts anymore...

Cheers,
Bert
Old April 3rd 15, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

I replaced the struts on my 1979 Komet s/n 465 with Easy Lift Bansbach struts from Florida. N2B1-44-350-802-001/1600N stroke= 350mm, 1600 N is just right with elevator in roof rack (LS-3a). I believe the higher N rating works with Komet because the trailer top stops the movement before strut reaches full throw. I believe the Cobra geometry allows full strut opening and this makes it tough to break it loose from full open position ( it was always tough to get our ASH-25 Cobra to start closing).

I have used Easy Lift struts for canopy strut, gear strut and trailer struts and all were perfect do to their exact requirements page listing open length, closed length, cylinder diameter, shaft diameter, end type, hole size, etc. Most special orders are made up in Europe and took about 30 days to deliver with US shipping only.
Hope this helps,
JJ
Old April 3rd 15, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks! That confirms the value I expected.

Bert

Cobra Gas Struts Karl Striedieck[_2_] Soaring 38 September 14th 16 12:48 AM
Sunsets Pt 9 - Struts.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 October 6th 14 01:35 PM
Anschau Komet on vacation? Hartley Falbaum Soaring 2 February 19th 13 10:20 PM
gas struts Phillip LaBerge Soaring 4 April 7th 08 05:54 AM
Pa-28-151 struts Gus Cabre Owning 14 February 14th 08 07:40 PM