Almost Taken to the cleaners!

Old September 24th 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger (K8RI)

Default Almost Taken to the cleaners!

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:56:58 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
.. .

Why would I need a thick skin? If the person on the other end can
present their case in a professional and calm manner I'll listen. If
they can't even if they are willing to meet my price I hang up.

Sure, I'd sell the Deb which is the oldest of its type in existence
for a slightly exorbitant price which means the purchaser would need
to want it more than I do.

Hmmm...Roger, you just stated the basis of the Austrian school of Economics
(Free Market, now most commonly known as the Chicago School).
Buyers/Sellers, employers/employees, it all fits.

When I was a project manager I ran my meetings the same way. No
shouting, no swearing, and no berating. I adhered to the old "That's
once, That's twice"... and the meeting was over. It didn't even matter
if we had a deadline. I got called on the carpet the first time I did
that. I gave my reasons and never had to worry about it again. When
the dust settled I never had to worry about meetings getting out of
hand again either. :-))
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old September 24th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:56:58 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Even more, every trade is "arms length"; no whining, no sniveling. If
you've got a better deal, go for it, but if not, don't complain to me. If
some one is willing to offer more money , take it. If someone is willing to
offer a cheaper price, go there. Likewise, if someone undersells you, the
merchant, match their price or find more efficient ways of conducting
business; don't use government to protect your business, your markets, OR
your job.