GOOD PILOT PHILOSOPHIES

Old May 5th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default GOOD PILOT PHILOSOPHIES

PILOT PHILOSOPHY

Forwarded from a friend:

-----

GOOD PILOT PHILOSOPHIES

The difference between a duck and a co-pilot?
The duck can fly.

A check ride ought to be like a skirt--short enough to
be interesting, but long enough to cover everything.

Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance.

It only takes two things to fly: airspeed, and money.

The three most dangerous things in aviation:
A Doctor or Dentist in a Cessna.
Two captains in a DC-9.
A flight attendant with a chipped tooth.

Aircraft Identification:
If it's ugly, it's British.
If it's weird, it's French.
If it's ugly and weird, it's Russian.

Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another very
expensive flying club.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good
orgasm, and a good bowel movement. A night carrier landing
is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at
the same time.

The similarity between air traffic controllers and
pilots?
If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies.
If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than
to break wind and head into the ground.

The difference between flight attendants and jet engines
is that the engines usually quit whining when they get to
the gate.

New FAA motto: "We're not happy, till you're not happy."

A copilot is a knot head until he spots opposite
direction traffic at 12 o'clock, after which he's a goof-off
for not seeing it sooner.

If something hasn't broken on your helicopter--it's
about to.

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Basic Flying Rules:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.
2. Do not go near the edges of it.
3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the
appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar
space. It is much more difficult to fly in the edges.

Unknown landing signal officer to carrier pilot after
his 6th unsuccessful landing attempt: "You've got to land
here son. This is where the food is.
Old May 5th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cpw

Ouch. As a doctor with a Cessna that really hurts.
CPW

Old May 5th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
601XL Builder

cpw wrote:
Ouch. As a doctor with a Cessna that really hurts.
CPW

Not to mention that it should have been a doctor in a Bonanza. Though
today it probably be updated to Cirrus.
Old May 7th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

PILOT PHILOSOPHY

Forwarded from a friend:

-----

GOOD PILOT PHILOSOPHIES

Screw this, I'm off to the bar.

Bertie
Old May 7th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Richard Riley" wrote in message

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Also much better to have a root beer, than a boot in the rear.

Old May 7th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 7 May 2007 04:51:24 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Larry Dighera wrote in
m:

PILOT PHILOSOPHY

Forwarded from a friend:

-----

GOOD PILOT PHILOSOPHIES

Screw this, I'm off to the bar.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

I always heard that as "I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy."