winglets for LS-1

Old October 25th 04, 11:34 PM
Brad

Default winglets for LS-1

A friend of mine is considering installing winglets on his LS-1C. Has
anyone ever seen or heard of an LS-1 with winglets? Is there a
retro-fit installation for winglets available? I know that the Libelle
has a winglet kit, so perhaps the LS-1 has one too.

Cheers,
Brad
Apis 13
Old October 26th 04, 01:31 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Brad,

Tell your friend he would ruin the exquisite lines
of the LS1-c if the tacky winglets were installed.

While I don't know of any, I suppose Hansjorg Streifeneder
could construct them. His web page is:

http://www.streifly.de/home.html

If your friend is looking for a performance improvement
for the old bird, let him know I think the best 'tweak'
would be with the addition of a nice Cobra (or Komet)!!!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Biased, with a DG(LS)1-d

Old October 26th 04, 09:40 AM
stephanevdv

Try contacting Afandi Darlington. I read he could provide winglets for
any type of glider.

As far as I know, this is his company:

http://www.optimal-aerodynamics.com

or telephone +44(0)2089770399

--
stephanevdv
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

ASW20L extentions with winglets? goneill Soaring 6 September 17th 04 10:28 PM
For Sale: ASH26E with winglets Ludovic Launer Soaring 0 September 5th 04 09:18 PM
LS6 Winglets Ed Hollestelle Soaring 0 March 17th 04 03:37 AM
Winglets for ASW20 goneill Soaring 5 February 3rd 04 02:21 AM
Discus Winglets Kevin Neave Soaring 2 October 15th 03 11:35 AM